Crosspool travel agents - armed robbery - 24/02/2012

If you can't see why your original post was ridiculous, then it's pointless going any further. But I'll keep it simple...

IF poverty (in real terms) was purposely created then you might have at least some argument. You might get a job in some post-colonial African country as a philosopher. A bad one maybe.

No [legally voted] government in their right mind pursues policies that deliberately create poverty, if they wish to win/keep votes.

No. The topic was...

It was you who started creating reasons, and linking things to it.

Forming a link between poverty and crimes however, as you say, can be related. Forming links to an armed robbery in Crosspool and implying that it is directly related to policies that only exist in your head do not.

If, however, these perpetrators are caught and tried, and they turn up in rags and begging for food and water, I'll concede to owing you a pint.

Any person who does not believe that crime increases as poverty increases is living in cloud cuckoo land. Anyone who does not believe that this government is purposely creating poverty should take a good look at themselves and wonder why they are deluding themselves. Any party who is deliberately cutting hundreds of thousands of jobs IS creating poverty whether you are too thick to understand that or not.

they nearly ran me off the road on hag hill I rang the police and logged it just thinking it was recklass driving!!

2 points

firstly if you think that poverty causes people to commit crimes like this then you are very much mistaken

have you asked yourself how much it would cost to buy a gun on the black market?

and if you just wanted to feed your family would you choose to spend that money on firearms or buy food?

secondly to say that no one was hurt is a million miles from the truth.

true, the two girls werent physically hurt but the mental scars are going to linger for years after this

I hope if anyone has even the slightest inkling who did this, they contact the police asap before this scum mess up even more peoples lives

Edited by belijadice

Any person who does not believe that crime increases as poverty increases is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Anyone who justifies serious crimes like this with petty insults, is in a far worse place than cloud cuckoo land.

Anyone who justifies serious crimes like this with petty insults, is in a far worse place than cloud cuckoo land.

I did not justify it. I merely observed that there was a connection between the two. There is a connection and you should get your head out of the sand.

I did not justify it. I merely observed that there was a connection between the two. There is a connection and you should get your head out of the sand.

Look up 'justify'. Your observational and reasoning skills also need tweaking.

Edited by *_ash_*