Meditation MEGATHREAD

Excellent post!

:thumbsup:

Transcendental meditation is not meditation! Just repeating a mantra makes your mind sleepy and dull. The silence of meditation is strong and intense, energetic, alive. No crutch like a mantra is needed.

Meditation is the path to absolute silence. You cannot use your mind to silence itself. Witnessing with awareness makes one aware he is not the mind and it drops like a dead leaf naturally, without efford.

I dont meditate, it happens. I have not reached anything, it happens because I stopped interfering.

Life is beautifull, wonderfull, intense, blisfull.

It is not mine, everybody has it, it is there, just stop trying to grab it.

Transcendental meditation is not meditation! Just repeating a mantra makes your mind sleepy and dull. The silence of meditation is strong and intense, energetic, alive. No crutch like a mantra is needed.

Meditation is the path to absolute silence. You cannot use your mind to silence itself. Witnessing with awareness makes one aware he is not the mind and it drops like a dead leaf naturally, without efford.

I dont meditate, it happens. I have not reached anything, it happens because I stopped interfering.

Life is beautifull, wonderfull, intense, blisfull.

It is not mine, everybody has it, it is there, just stop trying to grab it.

I'm not quite sure why you quoted me with this and didn't address the poster directly.

I was not commenting on the pros and cons of the posters chosen method of meditation. From a personal perspective I would not do trancendental meditation because it would not benefit the 'goal' of Buddhism.

Having said that the post was clear, insightful and clearly showed that the meditation practiced by the poster has given them insight enough to see the world 'as it is' much more than had they not undertaken the practice.

Regarding your own stance I have already made my feelings known and as yet you have done nothing to demonstrate that you are doing anything other than copying the rhetoric of certain gurus who may/may not have achieved the states they claim. Considering you seem cpnfused about whether there is even a knower or not I would stake that you have not directly experienced that state.

I'm not quite sure why you quoted me with this and didn't address the poster directly.

I was not commenting on the pros and cons of the posters chosen method of meditation. From a personal perspective I would not do trancendental meditation because it would not benefit the 'goal' of Buddhism.

Having said that the post was clear, insightful and clearly showed that the meditation practiced by the poster has given them insight enough to see the world 'as it is' much more than had they not undertaken the practice.

Regarding your own stance I have already made my feelings known and as yet you have done nothing to demonstrate that you are doing anything other than copying the rhetoric of certain gurus who may/may not have achieved the states they claim. Considering you seem cpnfused about whether there is even a knower or not I would stake that you have not directly experienced that state.

dutch

Just as an afterthought/expansion.

Taking two random spiritual philosophers in the vein of those you have already mentioned. Anyone could be exposed to the teachings of Krishnamurti or Alan Watts and based on that say what you have said on this thread without actually experiencing any meditation.

Those who actually meditate can demonstrate two things about that experience

1, they can put into words, even if it takes the form of a metaphor, the experience, requiring am experiencer.

2, they can apply some philosophical angle using the afore mentioned words, there may be disagreement about the validity of that angle, but it can be applied non the less.

You have not shown any inclination towards 1) and your attempts at 2) have been clumsy and ill defined. You have been asked by at least two dofferent posters to define the self that experiences when you claim there is no distinctions in that state and habe either ignored the question or misdirected by way of an obscure answer.

If you wish to discuss this topic I will ne grateful to know more about your claims, if not, this will be my last communication with you on the matter, as this constant tit for tat is of no benefit to either of us.

I wish you well and hopefully we can draw a line under this.

Getting tired thinking and preaching richard?

Those who actually meditate do not use form, lies, philosophy, religion, identity.

As long as you fool yourself in thinking meditation is a philosophy or religion you will stay identified with your mind and body, thinking it is you.

What you call a self is your false identity you believe in. My, and your existence is a witnessing pressence, observing watching and aware of its existence. Only difference is that I am aware of it and you are not yet aware of it. You can have my awareness it is not mine it is there for everybody, only problem is that it cannot be posessed, traded in the marketplace.

As long as you hope and wish for things you think you are a controlling personality.

Draw a line through your mind and stop listening to it. May take a little time but it will go and disappear when you start meditation.

ps. don't know where you get that claim bussiness from. I am in the same boat as you are.

Edited by dutch

Thought for the day.....

“Enlightenment is an accident. Meditation makes you accident prone.”

― Roshi Richard Baker

Getting tired thinking and preaching richard?

I'm not preaching :huh:

Not once in this thread have I said Buddhism is the way anyone should go, if anything I have encouraged alternative views. I have only put forward Buddhist ideas when speaking specifically about the Buddhist viewpoint. I have never stated anyone should follow Buddhism on here nor suggested Buddhism is 'better' than anything else?!?!?

I'm not preaching :huh:

Not once in this thread have I said Buddhism is the way anyone should go, if anything I have encouraged alternative views. I have only put forward Buddhist ideas when speaking specifically about the Buddhist viewpoint. I have never stated anyone should follow Buddhism on here nor suggested Buddhism is 'better' than anything else?!?!?

I told you we are in the same boat. There is nothing I know that you don't and this topic is about the experience of meditation, not the knowledge of it.

That is so true draggletail

“Enlightenment is an accident. Meditation makes you accident prone.”

― Roshi Richard Baker

Just to make it clear, I am not enlightened. I don't know what enlightenment is, have not experienced it.

I don't know what meditation is, when it happened to me I realised I was not there "no more" to "claim it" and it is not my property either, it happened by accident.

It feels like an ongoing waking of my witnessing prescense, watching the mind, emotions. Now I know I am not what I witness on the outside and identification with the mind and emotions slowly disappear.

It is a growing proces. Not mine, not yours, it belongs to the universe.

That is my real experience described in words but unless someone has the same experience they will remain thinking they are what goes on in their mind.

It is so easy, when the accident of meditation happened to me I started laughing at how stupid I have befooled myself for years looking for meditation.

dutch,

As I have said I wish you well, I really don't see that there is anything more to say on the matter.

dutch,

As I have said I wish you well, I really don't see that there is anything more to say on the matter.

Then say nothing, and let dutch express hiself as he wishes.

Draw a line? hahahahahaha.

I have tried a couple of short periods (15 mins approx) but i had difficulty with it.