Meditation MEGATHREAD

I used to & it's good, but I got out of the habit. It needs regular practice.

Yes, it does need practice and without it the process won't feel natural.

Fortunately, it takes only a few moments in your day to get your brain in gear so it you have a regular sit down for a tea break, or a bath at a regular time or something similar then you can use 5-10 minutes of this time to have a little mindfulness session.

Alternatively, Ralph Vaughan Williams The Lark Ascending is 15 minutes of absolute calm and can be listened to whilst in the bath.

Meditation is easy and comes, grows naturally. It is easy but it needs courage and strength to leave a lot of old beliefs behind. It does help to contact people with real experience, only if you are prepared to lose everything you have, does meditation give you all it has got without effort.

Meditation is so easy it feels like difficult and confusing at first but it just needs little time and courage to grow.

It is not so much about how you feel. All feelings become an item of meditation, witnessing and you are no longer a victim of emotions.

Meditation is not a job, it does not give you something, it helps to remove all that is false in beliefs and identifications. That brings experiences of blissfulness but you cannot claim or say that those experiences are yours, now you go back to the innocense of a child. It happens naturally when your mind is not the boss in controll anylonger.

When meditation grows, mind stops, your heart opens, old habbits stop, identification with name, nationality, social background disapear.

This society does not support meditation, it hates it meditation would stop all politics, religions, wars, greedy selfishness, economical fantasy and borderlines.

It takes a lot of courage to leave the majority of sheep behind and spread your wings again in a world that lives like automatic mental reaction machines repeating a trained pattern of thoughts.

It looks so difficult at first, it is not related with what you are used to. Don't fool yourself meditation is so easy it feels weird and shocking at first, is this it? How can this be it? Weird but real meditation leaves the world of "it" behind.

Edited by dutch

What an interesting lot of answers from posters, and I have carefully read every one. :)

I said I would report back on the effects of my meditation and up to now they are these :

The day after meditating I realised that I have been trying to do too many things at once, and trying to please too many people.

I could almost read other peoples minds what they were thinking.

Now if this has happened after two days, bring it on I say !!! I shall stick with it and learn more. Will report back on more effects later.:)

What an interesting lot of answers from posters, and I have carefully read every one. :)

I said I would report back on the effects of my meditation and up to now they are these :

The day after meditating I realised that I have been trying to do too many things at once, and trying to please too many people.

I could almost read other peoples minds what they were thinking.

Now if this has happened after two days, bring it on I say !!! I shall stick with it and learn more. Will report back on more effects later.:)

What technique / method did you use?

What technique / method did you use?

A very simple method as advised by PaliRichard a poster on this thread.

Find a time in the day when your not going to be disturbed. Play some relaxing music and maybe a little incense. Find a nice place to relax. close your eyes and imagine your self in a place you like, a beach, meadow or any other place you like. Then just let your mind go where it wants nice relaxing places. Easiest way to meditate but there are ways to go deeper.

Find a time in the day when your not going to be disturbed. Play some relaxing music and maybe a little incense. Find a nice place to relax. close your eyes and imagine your self in a place you like, a beach, meadow or any other place you like. Then just let your mind go where it wants nice relaxing places. Easiest way to meditate but there are ways to go deeper.

When you say ways to go deeper do you mean self hypnosis ?

No not really its hard to describe its being one with nature, like out of body type thing like being a bird seeing everything from above or being a fox running over the moors. If that makes sense.

No not really its hard to describe its being one with nature, like out of body type thing like being a bird seeing everything from above or being a fox running over the moors. If that makes sense.

That makes absolute sense to me. I hope to achieve that sense of meditation eventually.

People that have not been baptized into the HOLY SPIRIT by partaking in HOLY BREAD(psilocybin magic mushrooms) are spiritually dead according to Jesus in John 6:53-56 and the only way for them to be resurrected unto life and be filled with the HOLY SPIRIT is for them to EAT AND DRINK what Jesus ate and drank at the last supper in remembrance of Jesus.

According to 1cor11:23-27 Jesus took BREAD and said TAKE EAT AND DO THIS IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME...........The BREAD is described by Moses as being small and round and appearing on the face of the wilderness when the dew lifts

Moses wrote in exodus chapter 16 THIS IS THE BREAD THAT THE LORD HAS GIVEN US TO EAT.........the BREAD IS PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOMS..........the evidence is all over in the bible........

Its time to go back to common law, God law! This is one approach!

I also use other methods.

Daydreaming.

Quantum Jumping by Burt Goldman

Silva Method.

Not tried astral projection yet (Time travel backwards and forwards in your mind).

It also helps to eat a good diet of fruit, nuts and fresh vegetables to detox all the pollution caused by eating processed food.

Get rid of your Television, it is a frequency control device. You are bombarded with negativity. Sex, Money and Violence (Mary Whitehouse was right all along) this puts you in a low vibration. It is mind pollution.

Methods of raising your frequency:

Dancing, listening to relaxing music, getting out into nature and soaking up the Suns energy, chanting, inproved diet (more nutrients).

The powers that be don't wan't you to be happy, thats why you get Christa Ackroyd on Look Leeds bombarding you with Murder and muggings 24/7. Where are the happy stories?

I thought it was supposed to be the news, Isn't news supposed to be objective.

Naaa, its tell a Vision, Not tell the truth. They CHANNEL thier spirit to you and PROGRAM you.

Government

To govern(latin) = Control

Ment(latin) = of the mind

Ouch its mind control?

Peace out

I highly recomend meditation.

I manifest objects out of fresh air.

I manifest knowlege.

I manifest new freinds everyday.

I manifest jobs out of fresh air.

Life is a dream the real world is the spirit world.

I also like reading about flying saucers in the bible(Ezekiel).

Take the red pill (life is an illusion).

Edited by 57Varieties

That makes absolute sense to me. I hope to achieve that sense of meditation eventually.

Meditation is not an achievment. It comes naturally and then meditation happens. You witness, watch with awareness everything that is there. As you are now witnissing it, thinking still happens but what you call I is no longer the thinker, you are watching the process with awareness.

By witnissing, watching with awareness the proces of meditation starts effordless, nothing to find or achieve just see what happens and have a deep trust meditation comes naturally, it is your nature you never lost it, just forgotten.

Meditation is simple and useless. It does not get you anywhere and gives beautifull experiences that are useless because when it comes you no longer identify with ego.

If you are really interested, "Eckart Tolle" is an american still alive who has taken meditation to the point of explosion, just google him, he is more in touch with western society than my previous link.