Doncaster train station

went to doncaster today for a day out with my grandson, had a great day untill i got to the train station and needed to change his nappie, all i could find were women toilets with child changing rooms, i went to the office to ask where are the one's for a man to go into to change a child and was told they only have toilets with child changing rooms in the female ones, so i had to change him on the platform how bad was that and how in this day and age can something like this be allowed to happen, talk about sexist. i was so angry. all they could say is, we have never had them, you tell me then is it only women that take kids out then ? or don't men exist around kids

Edited by AKITA
language

Oh my god - are some places still so far behind the times?

I used to have the same twenty years ago when I used to go to town shopping - I'd have to wait for all the women to finish using the facilities in Boots before I could change the baby.

Meadowhall was a real boon when it opened because they had parent and child facilities.

You'd think by now all public facilities should have facilities for blokes to change their kids.

Reminds me of when I bought a half of lager in a pub in Barnsley and they asked me if I wanted it in a "ladies glass". I didn't realise there were different glasses for men and women. Some places will always lag behind. By the way the lager wasn't for me. I just want to make that clear.

The bus interchange, which is just bang next to it, does have baby changing rooms for everyone to use (if you go again)

Maybe you should write to them and complain, start a petition or something, it can't be that hard for them to install one of those wall-mounted plastic thingies.

thanx cat86 but when your already on the platform it to much to go to the bus station as it means going up and down lifts again to get out of the station so men are still at a disadvantage again.

Its annoying that places are like this. Same goes for places where the "baby change" is only for changing a baby (with no toilet), because you then end up needing to take the pram into a Disabled toilet if you need the loo too, so you end up using both the Baby Change place and the Disabled Toilet... surely planners realise that if you are on your own with a baby (especially if you are a man) you need to be catered for?

...and how in this day and age can something like this be allowed to happen

It isn't allowed to happen. Report them to .... someone; the equal rights commission or whatever the proper name is.

I think that Doncaster station is soon to be completely rebuilt as it is not up to the latest standards in lots of areas.

Strangely enough, it was only 2 days ago that I noticed Stockport railway station has a woman's only waiting room that has baby changing facilities.

The waiting room had an A4 piece of paper stating "this waiting room is for women only".

No idea whether there is a men only waiting room, or baby changing facilities elsewhere, but after what is being said about Doncaster I'm not hopeful

How terrible eh?

When my kids were young, we had to change their botty on the concourse of the bus/train station, then go in the loo to wash our hands!!!

Get a grip for goodness sake...

If you are out and about, you have to use what's available at the time!

Jesus! I'm surprised that you didnt complain that there isn't an automatic poop scoop!!!

How terrible eh?

When my kids were young, we had to change their botty on the concourse of the bus/train station, then go in the loo to wash our hands!!!

Get a grip for goodness sake...

If you are out and about, you have to use what's available at the time!

Jesus! I'm surprised that you didnt complain that there isn't an automatic poop scoop!!!

Been there, done that.................but the thread is about why men shouldn't have the same access to baby changing facilities as women.