Did You Live On The Manor Estate In The 50s And 60s?

what about dennis france he was the biggest rascal of them all got my sister pregnant then ran away to sea. he also had a brother david . the last i heard of dennis he was doing time for armed robbery

I remember Jimmy Hinch from the Manor........He went to Belair in California and opened a Football School...............

I lived on the Manor Estate, Ravencarr Rd, through the 50's and early 60's, and I wondered if anyone knew the following tearaways from around that time, and what they're doing now? : Dave Mossman, John Day, Tony Wespy. all on Paulet Rd. Norman Elgie( Elgy?) also known as 'NoNo' on Darcy Close. Eddie Lister, Brian Jacobs, Jimmy White, on Fairfax Rd and John Connelly, Stanground Road.

I remember Jimmy Hinch from Wulfric Road going to Belair California and opened a Football School.

what about dennis france he was the biggest rascal of them all got my sister pregnant then ran away to sea. he also had a brother david . the last i heard of dennis he was doing time for armed robbery

i was in the same class as dennis at pipworth and went to silver blades with david

37 years ago i went out with a lad called alan fothergill who lived on hastiller road

I lived on the manor fairfax road 45 years ago my sister married stan elgie normans brother stan pass away a few years ago normans ok, jimmy white knock about with my brother fred price, up to a few years ago i worked with jimmy in the steel works for 15 years he now lives in hackenthorpe,other names on the manor at that time west, walkers, bonsals,vaughans,

I went to pipworth road school used to play in the old air raid shelters

I lived on the Manor Estate, Ravencarr Rd, through the 50's and early 60's, and I wondered if anyone knew the following tearaways from around that time, and what they're doing now? : Dave Mossman, John Day, Tony Wespy. all on Paulet Rd. Norman Elgie( Elgy?) also known as 'NoNo' on Darcy Close. Eddie Lister, Brian Jacobs, Jimmy White, on Fairfax Rd and John Connelly, Stanground Road.

I was born at 4 desmond cresent and lived there from 1958 to 1973 when my mam passed. we moved up to tuffolds close i have a brother called ken eastwood and david. then there was my big sister pam eastwood me diane and my little sister linda. Does any one rememberplaying in the air raid shelters on the monor feilds. We used to dare each other to go through. :hihi:

Just having a quick read here but can't remember any names. I lived there at Pipworth rd our garden backed on to the seniors school yard remember all those teachers you speak of and all the goings on. oop!! i left in 1948 to go to work my mother worked on the school meals my name was Vera Pope anybody know me

Just recently joined the Forum site and reading all about Manor residents and their experiences etc., I feel that I may know you. You attended Prince of Wales Rd Methodist church and was a good friend of Irene Straw. I lived on the same road as the Straws and was a good friend of Frank, the demon fast bowler at Pipworth Road school. Frank was a couple of years old than me, and used to terrorize us younger kids playing cricket. After all that, am I on the right track?

Does anyone remember a Malcolm Corker or a Ronnie Bennet. They both lived above Harborough Avenue around Fretson Road. Also, I think there was a Ronnie Smith who lived on Fretson Road.The Allwoods ring a bell and so do the Crowthers.

Hi

Yes I remember Ron Bennet, worked with him between '62 when i started work as an apprentice tiler and '66 when I moved south.

Also remember one of the Buxton girls can't recall her first name (Ann?) but I once crept into the bushes on the Crossways with her for a kiss :hihi: I was a bit innocent then!

I remember Maureen Straw who used to work at post office ont' Manor. We used to shop around there at Unwins grocers and Gebharts pork butchers. Gebharts always immaculately clean! Across the road was Hagues fish 'n chip shop!

both my parents came from the manor.ian dale and kathleen travis.

i also remember paulet rd but i was very young and hung around there in mid 1970`s there when i stopped over at relatives house. memory very distant cant remember their names just that house looked onto a little green patch of land??