Did You Live On The Manor Estate In The 50s And 60s?

thanks for grassing me up for wagging it from school.trouble remembering are you mossy.my life time secret is out now just hope grandchildren don`t find out.by the way i think it was your idea??

I remember the big flagstones and we used to sit on them and watch the football match from behind the goal. It was as if we had free grandstand tickets! Miss Warren I remember too, as she had me and Alan Rooker in her office one day for "Waggin it"( playing truant, to non Sheffielders) A few days before, the school bobby had called at our house and like a fool I answered the door!:loopy: Me and Alan had been upstairs playing with a Meccano set all day.The bobby was a small squat bloke with a bowler hat, umbrella and a moustache and when he caught us I thought it was the end of the world! I remember the shelters too, and what we got up to in them is best kept quiet, especially after we discovered girls.

id kept this quiet all these years but it was your idea and i thought it was only one afternoon

my mum lived on manor and went to the girls school at top of prince of wales rd,her name was carol benn,her sister was maureen and brother gilbert,my mum was a right naughty kid and used to fight often with wyborn kids.

Hi mobilenats,

I remember all your family, including your grandma and grandad Lol. I remember Lol working for Sheffield Transport, and then later working in the

42" Mill Maintenance Dept. at Tinsley Park Works.

I used to see Maureen and Curly regularly at one time, but haven't seen them for quite a while.

There are a number of posts about your family on the other Manor Estate thread.

Regards m.

my mum lived on manor and went to the girls school at top of prince of wales rd,her name was carol benn,her sister was maureen and brother gilbert,my mum was a right naughty kid and used to fight often with wyborn kids.

your aunty maureen is married to my brother alan horry from janet burton nee horry

ill have to tell my mum,maureen usually meets my mum on a thursday to go shopping.

id kept this quiet all these years but it was your idea and i thought it was only one afternoon

Alright Alan, I'll own up to it, it was probably my idea, BUT no one was twisting your arm! I'll take the blame though, if it will make it easier for you to face the grandkids. :hihi: I think the last time I saw you was when you were bus driving, more than thirty years ago I'm sure. Hope that all is well with you and yours. :thumbsup:

Y i lived on queen mary rd 148 next door to sidney kieth and della morton. I left prince edwards in1955.I have just started on the internet but have seen lots of names i remember <

yes i live there till 1960.I lived at 148 queen mary road bottom of basseldine.I left prince edwards school in 1955.the mortons lived next door sidney kieth and della.the obrians lived facing us .I have been useing the internet only a few weeks but i have seen so many names i remember.

I lived on the manor from 1949till 1960 berfore that i lived in worksop. i went to standhouse for 2 years then prince edwards left christmas 1955 .I lived at 148 queen mary rd bottom of basseldine next door to sidney kieth and della morton. across the road from the obrians. I have been on the internet for only a few weeks but have seen so many names i remember.I have had a message from roy sellars who used to live on woodthorpe close but now lives in canada. Janet burton nee horry

I lived on the manor estate from 1949 untill i got married in 1960.I went to standhouse school then to prince edwards untill i left school in 1955 at christmas.Then it was youth club on prince of wales road ran by a mr cartwright.I then found bopping at the embassy after that is was sunday night bopping in the locarno to records half a crown to get in no bar . My mum used to take my wages and give me spending money so sundays was spent selling ice cream at holmesfield rushing home with my half crown to get ready for my big night out at the locarno. the last 32 bus to woodthorpe was allways full i am sure some of you must remember the run up the moor to catch it.I have only been on the internet a few weeks but i have seen so many names i remember janet burton nee horry.

Edited by janet burton

i`m well.still in sheffield only move off manor to hackenthorpe.how did you end up in U.S.A: :