Flat places to run in sheffield

No i don't work at the shop, just go in regularly for a cuppa and chat.

park at endcliffe park, run through there, into bingham park you can get all the way to the forge dam. Its stunning woodland and pretty flat.

I would agree with that, run it many times myself, and on a Sunday morning you can go the other way, down Ecclesall road into town and back, up through the parks to Forge Dam (just follow the main path) and back, great in nice weather.

down by the canal.....you can run from town centre out to Rotherham and beyond!

Another good one, although you have to dodge the fishermen at the weekend!

my question, is there any flat parts of sheffield, where there are not to many roads ? and is more then say, 2 miles.... (could loop)

Some suggested routes:

From Manor Top: Run along Ridgeway Road (away from town) and by the dual carriage way for about 2 miles; turn right at the roundabout on to Norton Ave. Then on to Hemsworth Road, and in to Graves Park; run around Graves Park (maybe just over 2 miles) and back the way you've come. All in all, about 8 miles I'd guess from the Manor Top. Not totally flat, but not up/down-hill all the way either. Also, quite nice running around the park.

Also, if you have transport, worth doing some runs out by the Ladybower, Derwent and Howden reservoirs. Pretty much flat our there, and very beautiful.

I'd agree. The incline from Endcliffe Park to Forge Dam is hardly noticeable. :)

That's why i run it ;)

That's why i run it ;)

After a couple of miles, it does get pretty steep! That run is uphill all the way until you turn around and head back.

i will try all of these, thanks :)

just get my rocky sound track on the mp3 and i'm going lol

yeah long time Phanerothyme, hope everythings all good

After a couple of miles, it does get pretty steep! That run is uphill all the way until you turn around and head back.

Yep, keep going all the way up to Ringinglow and you'll start to notice it! trust me. :hihi:

Rivelin is pretty flat its soft footpath all the way from Malin Bridge up to the car park near the A57

Paul try the Canal sheffield to Rotherham , Endcliffe Park , Rivelin , out along the moss valley