Damp proofing & removal advice/DPC/recommendations MEGATHREAD

How'd they do then? Looking at DPC, so after recommendations.

They went bust right after they did my house, oops :hihi:

Lifestyle Property Solutions

0114 2497911

Free written quotations

Thanks Andrew

I'm wondering what a competitive quote would be for damp proofing a house I just bought in Walkley by auction as a project. It passed the survey but surveyor recommended damp proofing as some paint peeling on ground floor due to rising damp in the walls. Can damp proofing cure this? Thanks.

Surveyors seem to recommend a d.p.c for the sake of it,they dont really investigate too closely as to what the problem is. If it is rising damp then yes ,it can cure this.

Got any idea of what to expect for the quote? It's because the kitchen on the same property has received quotes from £600 to £1800++ for a refit, so I want to get a guide for what the market should be paying for DPC.

Does anybody know decent firm to carry out dampproofing works in sheffield, I'm in s13, its about 5 meters in total, came up on recent survey, any help would be appreciated, thanks Calum

hi everyone,

had a read of a few of the threads before posting - i'm pretty sure we've got a damp problem

we have had a 40cm area of damp for several years slowing moving up passageway wall / corner (terraced house, 1m high on the passageway wall, window and radiator nearby on other wall). in the past we've had x2 courses of damp proofing (injecting at bottom of walls) which hasn't made any real difference.

does this sound like damp? what other ways can it be treated?

can anyone recommend someone decent/reliable to come and have a look / sort out?

thanks

a few Q-

Where is the location in the house

what type of house is it? terrace, new build etc

basic check- is there a water gulley on the outside wall opposite the damp?

thanks for reply

location = sharrow, it's a terraced house, not sure what a water gulley is but there are not water / waste pipes nearby

Hi,

I carry out handyman and gardening work for people

From your description it could be condensation on the original plaster above the area re-plastered after the dpc were injected

I can call and advise if you want to give me a ring 07716 021145

thanks for the reply

i am trying to upload a picture / photo but can't seem to see the attachment tab :(

as they say a picture says a 1000 words

can anyone help / advise?

thx