Damp proofing & removal advice/DPC/recommendations MEGATHREAD

Hi all

I am looking to get an inspection and quote for some damp proofing work.

Can anyone recommend a reputable company?

Cheers

Chris

Anyone know of a Reliable Damp and Condensation expert to hopefully Inspect, diagnose and Sort the problem of a 3 bed semi property in S12

Cheers

Premier Damp Proofing at S6 and Abbey Cliffe Builders in Heeley.

Abbeycliffe will charge for the inspection and diagnosis don't know about Premier. Most will charge for the survey as it is more of a diagnosis and a cost rather than just a quote for something you know what you want which is fair enough.

We called Rentokill in, who put us on to Envirovent,who subsequently installed a Brilliant venting system that pumps fresh dry air into the house. It cured our damp/mildew/condensation problem.

Open windows .Put some heat on . Solved. :hihi::hihi:

We called Rentokill in, who put us on to Envirovent,who subsequently installed a Brilliant venting system that pumps fresh dry air into the house. It cured our damp/mildew/condensation problem.

rentokill are spot on ta jeff

Smithy...

What sort of price was that work if you don't mind me asking?

Smithy...

What sort of price was that work if you don't mind me asking?

.....and exactly what was put in.

Did this involve every room? Thanks.

£1400 iirc. We have a bungalow, and there are two outlet vents, one in the main bedroom, one in the hallway. The difference was amazing. Pump is very quiet, and in the loft, and uses very little power.

Thank you smithy interesting to know as i got a bungalow ta jeff

Hi, We had condensation on our windows on cold mornings. House has double glazing but very exposed Looking to the north. I installed Drimaster Heat which as solved my issues for 99% of the time. No more wet windows, to be honest it wasn't that bad but I hated seeing 1 inch of moisture on the windows on very cold days. I installed in my loft over the landing and took 3 hours max. I am no DIY expert but easy to do and wire into fuse spur in loft. I got heater model but never wired heating element in as used a lot of electricity. A little cooler on the landing but no real issue to be honest. I took a punt at £300 and paid off but may be worth getting some expert advice for free before spending money. This may help your issue.... This You Tube video help me do it myself

Mike

M&n

Can you add the youtube link please?