Breastfeeding - what bottle to give?

Can anyone recommend any types of bottles or teats for breastmilk? My little boy is 6 weeks. Had a little success with avent but the teat seems to big and he chokes. Just wondered what people had found works before spending a fortune!x

I use the medela calma teat, it's designed for breastfeed babies, they have to use the same sucking action as they would on the breast to get the milk!

These teats are not cheap tho £12 each from mothercare, but well worth the investment- the only teats that have worked for us!

I don't think you can use the Medea with Avent bottles. We've tried both with our 8 week baby boy. He drank a full bottle using the Medea system, but it took him ages - it kept him quiet, but it was a bit of an endurance event! We tried the Avent size 2 teat yesterday and he took to it really well and the milk seemed to disappear much faster than with the Medea.

I had a nightmare trying to get our daughter to use a bottle as I exclusively breast fed for 11 months and had to stop due to medication :-( I tried so many and the one that worked in the end was Tommee Tippee and then she only had a bottle for two months as she took to a cup straight away. I just wish I had tried her with a cup first instead of putting myself through the stress :-) Good luck with finding a bottle that works hun x

I used the MAM bottle, has a vent on the bottom so they have to suck to get the milk out

:)

Little rubber teats you can buy in jtf for 50p ish for 3. They fit on slim bottles iv seen in poundland my daughter took straight away.

Thanks for replies - starting to get a bit better with breastflow bottles so will persevere! x