Sign in to follow this  

Any comments on Firth Park?

I don't think that's anything to do with the redevelopment - I think that's summat to do with Yorkshire Water, along with the works on Hucklow Road and Sicey Avenue. I'll take a look at the weekend and confirm.

Aren't those temporary lights on Hucklow Road a pain? They take too long to change, and so it only takes a single bus heading out of Firth Park to wait, and then cause a tailback into the roundabout and beyond.

I have known drivers to go on red, when there's no traffic in the opposite direction...

Originally posted by Abdul

I have known drivers to go on red, when there's no traffic in the opposite direction...

*Whistles..

;)

Idiot!

(Just don't jump the red light at the same time I do :twisted: )

Firth Park are is ace its 10 mins to meadowhall theres loads of shops a bowling alley its not far from vally centertainment.Also you can get a bus to vertually any where from there. Go 4 it

The only trouble will Firth Park is that there is always groups of kids standing around the roundabout. Never had any trouble, but it's not nice at night.

Well quazitory....

I saw the little bleeps throw a fire work into the road at the roundabout - onto one way system and care had to stop till had gone off - I was bit scared they were going to throw it at me - obviously cars more fun!!! I thought that was VERY rude of them.

I also got of the bus one day last year and called the fire brigade as a tree was on fire in the park!!! Naughty children.

Some of them hang round up my road but they don't cause any trouble.... I remember being that age though .... well I think I do, I think mum had started plying us with 2Ltr bottles of cider by then... Ha Ha... (hic - now you all know why I drink so much!!!)

:thumbsup:

Has anyone been around Firth Park lately? It is an absolute disgrace.The roundabout has been taken out and there is FOUR sets of temporary traffic lights up.How the highways department has allowed Yorkshire Water to make such a balls-up of the roads is beyond me.But then again,its just another in a long line of ongoing roadworks at the moment.

Yes I have noticed that today, tittyheed, when I drove up Firth Park Road to the roundabout and got held up at the lights for 10 minutes!

Looks like it's time to find another route ;)