Castle market- going or gone!

Really?

Is this recent?

The last time I was there (about 3 months ago) Fargate to the Moor was chock a block.

Festive shoppers? The Moor is dire recently surprised more shops have not closed down.

Here we go again :roll:

The market WILL be gone very soon :)

Quicker the better. It is disgusting inside.

Festive shoppers? The Moor is dire recently surprised more shops have not closed down.

Possibly, but even the months prior to that it seemed pretty good to me. Too busy sometimes so would floot off to Chesterfield (Which has an ambiance of lets say Rotherham 40 years ago) :) like it....

On the Market side of the discussion, I never really enjoyed packed shopping so wouldn't do the market even years ago, 70's/80's, when it was in full tilt. Around 5 years ago though I wandered through it, quite disheartening.

Edited by walkertelecoms

I am sorry I seem to have started something here! For those who like to go shopping down Haymarket weekly and those who have always worked there,it seems a shame that the indoor market hasn't been done up.

From the view of an outsider,we can do with both.If the town is more pedestrian friendly and there is something to see for visitors,they will come into the town and perhaps spend money at the markets! People from other parts of Britain come to Meadowhall centre to do their shopping.None of them come into the city centre though!

Its not as though we are talking about Johannesburg city centre and WE Sheffielders are all friendly,aren't WE!

I am sorry I seem to have started something here! For those who like to go shopping down Haymarket weekly and those who have always worked there,it seems a shame that the indoor market hasn't been done up.

From the view of an outsider,we can do with both.If the town is more pedestrian friendly and there is something to see for visitors,they will come into the town and perhaps spend money at the markets! People from other parts of Britain come to Meadowhall centre to do their shopping.None of them come into the city centre though!

Its not as though we are talking about Johannesburg city centre and WE Sheffielders are all friendly,aren't WE!

Fear not, there will be a brand spanking new market opening up in the not so distant future :)

Fear not, there will be a brand spanking new market opening up in the not so distant future :)

down the moor just so he knows for future reference

Does anyone know if the plans are still going ahead for the new market ? thought it had been delayed due to funding issues. and if so when its happening ? have the current traders been given a move out date etc ?

The problem with the city centre is the ridiculous one way systems. On returning for my annual visit to Sheffield I can get lost and unable to find my way out of so many areas. Leopold Street – you can disappear. Never to be seen again. West Street you can disappear up your own….. The Peace Gardens / Town hall area. Queens Road and Manor Top. All a maze of no entry.

The problem with the city centre is the ridiculous one way systems. On returning for my annual visit to Sheffield I can get lost and unable to find my way out of so many areas. Leopold Street – you can disappear. Never to be seen again. West Street you can disappear up your own….. The Peace Gardens / Town hall area. Queens Road and Manor Top. All a maze of no entry.

And what ever you do! Do not try to get onto The Moor its imposable.

I agree, I don't do much driving around the city center but I find it hard dodging all the bus lanes, everywhere has been made so much harder to get to.

And what ever you do! Do not try to get onto The Moor its imposable.

Naturally, given it's a pedestrianised area :loopy:

down the moor just so he knows for future reference

I am surprised he has come back to this :D