Sheffield Star story

hotrock

i have a story on page 3 of the Sheffield Star, (no topless pictures):D although the pictures they did print are great, i cannot find the story on their online pages, i wish to forward the link to other friends & relatives who could then view it, i know the article is on their site somewhere as i had a link that someone sent to me, i was even able to leave a comment on the story, but now i have deleted the message i cannot get the page back.

Sorry forgot to add. the story relates to Gulf War Illness

Edited by hotrock
forgotten info

Cheers guys, my bad, i just scoured the Stars web page but i could not find it, lol, it never entered my head to use the search mode, i thought that with it being a full page story with a couple of pictures, it would have been on the front page on the site, with all the other daily stories, cheers anyway:thumbsup:

Well done, in raising this, hotrock, and rightly so. I'm sure the citizens of other countries would not be so apathetic. The government were the ones who put you in danger, and they are the ones who should now be making sure you get the answers and care you deserve.

You could do with finding out if there is a group nationally, who are taking on the government, with solicitors. Have you been in touch with ex-servicemen's/women's charities?

Edited by Darth Vader

Thanks Darth Vader, i can only hope now that the national papers or TV picks up on the story, i just cannot believe that this government can break so many promises. Ultimately i am only wanting some form of diagnosis to my many health issues, as has been said in the story i have no interest in any legal or monetary claim. i have been trying to get access to some of the tests that i require but it has been a long drawn out battle to prove that Gulf War Illness actually exists. We now have definitive documents that can prove the cocktail of drugs that we were given, were at the very least experimental, and in some cases dangerous when administered in the way that we had, injections of Anthrax, Plague & Whooping cough, the tablets were NAPS Nerve Agent Pre Treatment Set. Throw into the mix the Depleted Uranium, & the heavy usage of pesticides around camping areas, Something had to give, well it did, too many of us Gulf War Vets now have a wide range of medical problems, most notably nerve damage in one form or another, given the toxicity levels of the medication and the very nature of what the vaccines were for, it wouldn't take a blind, Deaf, mute to work it out that there has to be a connection.

Thanks Darth Vader, i can only hope now that the national papers or TV picks up on the story, i just cannot believe that this government can break so many promises. Ultimately i am only wanting some form of diagnosis to my many health issues, as has been said in the story i have no interest in any legal or monetary claim. i have been trying to get access to some of the tests that i require but it has been a long drawn out battle to prove that Gulf War Illness actually exists. We now have definitive documents that can prove the cocktail of drugs that we were given, were at the very least experimental, and in some cases dangerous when administered in the way that we had, injections of Anthrax, Plague & Whooping cough, the tablets were NAPS Nerve Agent Pre Treatment Set. Throw into the mix the Depleted Uranium, & the heavy usage of pesticides around camping areas, Something had to give, well it did, too many of us Gulf War Vets now have a wide range of medical problems, most notably nerve damage in one form or another, given the toxicity levels of the medication and the very nature of what the vaccines were for, it wouldn't take a blind, Deaf, mute to work it out that there has to be a connection.

I also hope the nationals pick up your story. While ever we have ex-servicemen and women suffering from this illness/these physical reactions, we need to keep this story in the public eye, until they are treated fairly and respectfully.

Forgive my ignorance, hotrock, I understand about the drugs that were given to you and other service people. I can understand that perhaps there was a need to use some pesticides but I was surprised to read about the 'depleted uranium'. What was the source/suspected source (/s) of the 'depleted uranium'?

I did a quick google of 'Gulf War Syndrome' and there are hundreds of threads. Your Star one made the front page, in my search, by the way.

I understand and totally respect your stance, that you are not interested in compensation, however, in my experience, when people act collectively, in these cases, and have good legal representation, that's when they start to get to the bottom of things. There are hundreds of people, sadly, who report the same/simlar reactions to yourself, surely there must be some collective action going on somewhere? If you were adamant that you did not want to receive compensation (but it is YOU who has suffered and rightly SHOULD be compensated, in my opinion, and I'm sure I'm not alone thinking that) then you always have the option of donating any compensation, or percentage of it, to Help for Heroes, or some other deserving charity.