Sheffields roads & PFI repair funding coming soon! where gets done first?

Im still waiting for the funding to be pulled!

Lets see; Start with the marginal council seats so it can be used to canvas votes. Then the nailed on Labour seats because you have to look after your own. Then if theres anything left they'll do the seats that will never vote labour because theres no votes to lose.

Call me cynical :suspect:

Only on SheffieldForum could potholes be turned into a bloody political issue. :loopy:

Start in Greystones, because I am selfish :D

Ignoring the chip-on-the-shoulder nature of the premise of this thread I'd say the main roads should get worked on first, then the b-roads by how desperately they need sorting and how heavy the traffic is on them, taking into account the need to keep traffic flowing and the inevitable necessary diversions...

Did you want a serious answer?

Ignoring the chip-on-the-shoulder nature of the premise of this thread I'd say the main roads should get worked on first, then the b-roads by how desperately they need sorting and how heavy the traffic is on them, taking into account the need to keep traffic flowing and the inevitable necessary diversions...

Did you want a serious answer?

thanks:P ok the main roads on whole are pretty good compared to the others, its the B roads that need the attention, you know the b roads that commuters ie workers need to be free flowing, oh and the chip i think is firmly on other shoulders.....just sayin

The first road to benefit will be the road straight to the bank - it's the banking industry that will get first dibs on the millions.

I don't know if SCC will have much influence, it is after all going to be a private contractor that does the work not Street Force

It should be interesting digging all the roads up and erecting new colunms and sign poles, it will make the supertram build look like a minor inconvenience

Lets see; Start with the marginal council seats so it can be used to canvas votes. Then the nailed on Labour seats because you have to look after your own. Then if theres anything left they'll do the seats that will never vote labour because theres no votes to lose.

Call me cynical :suspect:

I don't know if SCC will have much influence, it is after all going to be a private contractor that does the work not Street Force

It should be interesting digging all the roads up and erecting new colunms and sign poles, it will make the supertram build look like a minor inconvenience

Exactly. Why would the winning bidder have any political agenda?

Start in Greystones, because I am selfish :D

Hear, Hear. I second that motion.

What will probably happen as with Digital Region is that the contractor will have to pay the council to employ "co-ordinators" who will say when and where the works can be carried out. Undoubtedly the council will have a plan from the useless John Bann of which areas need the most attention. The plan will have been approved by councillors on the transport committee.

I would propose some 'road rationalisation' first. There's surely many miles of road that could be closed and therefore no repair will be required.

Then I suggest a bit of work to define 'pot-holes'. It's quite likely that many so-called 'pot-holes' are actually 'minor surface damage' and outside the contractual obligations.

Then it's time to check the margins - has enough profit been made from this venture? If not then pursue the above to a greater extent. Plus introduce a system of 'opt-in' top-up payments that help a road get prioritised (this would help achieve the desires of the OP).

All in all, make sure that funds (that aren't profit) go to the most important place - lawyers, financiers, assessors, managers. Spending it on manual workers and equipment leaves you susceptible to injury-at-work claims and asset depreciation.

Big announcement 2morrow pm about whos got it

Amy or Carrillion

Who do you think?????