Sheffields roads & PFI repair funding coming soon! where gets done first?

ab6262

So the funding and choice of contractor for the Sheffield roads repair scheme is actually nearing the final stages and we should see some work starting later this year apparently:suspect: BUT where should they start first???? i think personally the areas that pay most into the rates and taxes should get theirs done first?? so imo that will be Dore, Fulwood, Norton, Millhouses, Greenhill, crosspool, ecclesall etc etc you get my drift? in these areas good roads are needed to get into work and make a living, the areas that should be left till last should be the ususal areas with the most benefit claimants, Manor, parsons Cross, Wybourn,Hillsborough, Lowedges, Gleadless, Darnall etc etc??

So the funding and choice of contractor for the Sheffield roads repair scheme is actually nearing the final stages and we should see some work starting later this year apparently:suspect: BUT where should they start first???? i think personally the areas that pay most into the rates and taxes should get theirs done first?? so imo that will be Dore, Fulwood, Norton, Millhouses, Greenhill, crosspool, ecclesall etc etc you get my drift? in these areas good roads are needed to get into work and make a living, the areas that should be left till last should be the ususal areas with the most benefit claimants, Manor, parsons Cross, Wybourn,Hillsborough, Lowedges, Gleadless, Darnall etc etc??

Jog on.......

Worst attempt at a wind up in the last 20 minutes....

....: BUT where should they start first???? i think personally the areas that pay most into the rates and taxes should get theirs done first?? so imo that will be Dore, Fulwood, Norton, Millhouses, Greenhill, crosspool, ecclesall etc etc you get my drift? in these areas good roads are needed to get into work and make a living, the areas that should be left till last should be the ususal areas with the most benefit claimants, Manor, parsons Cross, Wybourn,Hillsborough, Lowedges, Gleadless, Darnall etc etc??

Areas with lots of benefits claimants bring in lots of council tax benefit for the council. They are more more densely populated and so there are more homes bringing in precious benefits. And people who live there are round and about those areas all day as they don't work and use their roads more often. The nobby areas you list are full of people at work or on the golf course all day and so they hardly ever see their own roads. Plus they all drive 4x4s that easily navigate potholes and similar rough terrain. Start at Lowedges and work anti-clockwise.

Lets see; Start with the marginal council seats so it can be used to canvas votes. Then the nailed on Labour seats because you have to look after your own. Then if theres anything left they'll do the seats that will never vote labour because theres no votes to lose.

Call me cynical :suspect:

Areas with lots of benefits claimants bring in lots of council tax benefit for the council. They are more more densely populated and so there are more homes bringing in precious benefits. And people who live there are round and about those areas all day as they don't work and use their roads more often. The nobby areas you list are full of people at work or on the golf course all day and so they hardly ever see their own roads. Plus they all drive 4x4s that easily navigate potholes and similar rough terrain. Start at Lowedges and work anti-clockwise.

how does that work then??? benefit claimants dont pay or pay reduced council tax or its paid for within the benefit, what do you think the percentage is of tax payers compared to benefits in these areas then? ah so hard workers are from "Nobby " areas then oh ok i see where your coming from, of course we drive 4x4 all day long, actually i dont but i am going to play golf tomorrow:hihi::hihi:

Lets see; Start with the marginal council seats so it can be used to canvas votes. Then the nailed on Labour seats because you have to look after your own. Then if theres anything left they'll do the seats that will never vote labour because theres no votes to lose.

Good shout........

Think of all the single mothers pushing prams over these pot holes on route to the Post Office, sod the leafy suburbs

yes cynical;) but probably very right:suspect: lets hope they cant dictate which gets done first but unfortunalty i bet they can.

What a load of crud !