S8 area feedback.

I've been looking at buying a house on Cawthorne Grove just off Archer Road. My main concern is its proximity to the Fraser Road area and wondered if anyone has ever lived around there and give me an honest account of the area???

I'm pleased its so close to Millhouses but i'm not massively famililar with the area.

I'm realising in my search that i can get far more for my money in S8 than i can in S10/11!

Thanks.

Been renting on The Dale myself for the past 18 months. Looking to buy soon and intend to stay in the area. My road joins onto Barber's Field just by the Fraser estate and I haven't seen or heard of any problems in the area.

We've been looking at houses in the roads off the main Woodseats shops, from Scarsdale to Cobnar. Some of the roads around the top of Abbey lane also seem nice; Marshall, Mitchell etc.

They'll probably be lots of people on here who have known the area for a lot longer than myself but I would say the Fraser estate is far from a trouble hotspot.

I don't think any of the Woodseats type area is known for trouble tbh, what makes you worry about that part in particular? Is that the bit that is still a 'council estate'? xx

S8 is a great place to live. I would however recommend that you visit the area a few times before making a decision. Visit in the day and in the evening if possible and get a feel for the area. You will soon know if it's the type of area you would like to live in. Good luck!

I think most of the council houses on Fraser are now privately owned.

I have lived in Woodseats all my life and when we were buying didnt consider any other area. I have lived on 3 roads on the Fraser Estate and it is one of the better council estates, although most of the houses are privately owned now, if you can get one of those they are a good size, especially the ones that have the seperate bathroom & toilet.

I also have an aunt who lives on Cawthorne Grove which is a great road as you are in proximity to both Woodseats and Millhouses with all their amenites and parks etc.

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm going back for a second viewing on the house and going to mooch around the area a bit so i'll get a good feel for it.

Cheers for your help folks!

Morgan.