Any idea how much would wooden flooring fitting service cost?

Do any of you guys have the equipment to cut the skirting boards?

We need laminate fitting but a)don't want trim fitting and b)don't want new skirting boards.

Our previous fitter used a posh saw which took the laminate depth off the skirting and allowed it to slot in.

hi willman i have a fein . its a brillant tool . blades are not cheap . other have try to take it off but i,ve had mine 7 years and still runs like new . ta jeff

hi willman i have a fein . its a brillant tool . blades are not cheap . other have try to take it off but i,ve had mine 7 years and still runs like new . ta jeff

A bit off topic but where in your opinion is the best place to get the blades for Fein's as I have a Fein Multimaster select plus myself?

Thanks in advance

[quoteDo any of you guys have the equipment to cut the skirting boards?

We need laminate fitting but a)don't want trim fitting and b)don't want new skirting boards.

Our previous fitter used a posh saw which took the laminate depth off the skirting and allowed it to slot in. ]

You really need to remove the skirting before fitting because the laminate needs an expansion gap and to get the aquired gap you need to put in packers/spacers. If you just slide the laminate under the skirting you won't know if you have the right amount of expansion and if you knock against the laminate you might knock all the floor tight to the wall. Also you will struggle clicking the laminate in if you are sliding it all under the skirting boards and the last row of laminate will be a nightmare to fit. I just use the fein multi tool for when I'm cutting out around the door frames.

I tend to go across the top of the skirting with a stanley knife then pry the skirting off with a small crow bar. I put a wallpaper scraper behind the crow bar where i'm prying so it doesn't damage the plaster and remove the skirtings fully and then clean them up and fit them back on once the floor has been fitted.

The Fein multi tool is a bit expensive just to use once for a job. There's cheaper ones that do the same job like the Bosch multi tool. The green one is cheaper than the blue one but it'll still do the job easy enough. I used to use a handsaw and a bit of the flooring that I was fitting to cut under the jambs before I got a multi tool so when I got one they were the best thing since sliced bread lol :)

Hope this bit of info helps.

Edited by R.B Flooring

[quoteDo any of you guys have the equipment to cut the skirting boards?

Our previous fitter used a posh saw which took the laminate depth off the skirting and allowed it to slot in. ]

You really need to remove the skirting before fitting because the laminate needs an expansion gap and to get the aquired gap you need to put in packers/spacers. If you just slide the laminate under the skirting you won't know if you have the right amount of expansion and if you knock against the laminate you might knock all the floor tight to the wall. Also you will struggle clicking the laminate in if you are sliding it all under the skirting boards and the last row of laminate will be a nightmare to fit. I just use the fein multi tool for when I'm cutting out around the door frames.

I tend to go across the top of the skirting with a stanley knife then pry the skirting off with a small crow bar. I put a wallpaper scraper behind the crow bar where i'm prying so it doesn't damage the plaster and remove the skirtings fully and then clean them up and fit them back on once the floor has been fitted.

The Fein multi tool is a bit expensive just to use once for a job. There's cheaper ones that do the same job like the Bosch multi tool. The green one is cheaper than the blue one but it'll still do the job easy enough. I used to use a handsaw and a bit of the flooring that I was fitting to cut under the jambs before I got a multi tool so when I got one they were the best thing since sliced bread lol :)

Hope this bit of info helps.

Correct

A bit off topic but where in your opinion is the best place to get the blades for Fein's as I have a Fein Multimaster select plus myself?

Thanks in advance

hi i you get them from turner hire but i be careful around door areas . loads of old nails . i use the fein for more doing wooden floors as richard has said you don,t the 10mm gap needed with laminates . i always go the beading route where the plaster looks old . they are a great tools for doing sash rebates or into the corner once my palm router will not get in . also good for getting old floor boards up with fine blades . also it has a blade which has a diamond edge which is great for getting grout out of tiles and is slower than a grinder . good luck ta jeff

I need someone to lay 5-6 packs(10-12metres) asap please. pm me with anumber.