Small dog /runt litter has heart problem

my tiny little puppy has a serious heart condition been told by Vets4Pets. Said will need scan and operation possibly. Should there not be a second opinion. He is lively, fun, eats etc well loved, but i cannot afford life long treatment. Son said have him put to sleep, never as love him, but cant keep throwing money away as worry vets a money making racket. (well some not all) No good folk saying insurance etc, when work been cut to part time and only my wage keeping roof over my head and dogs i need first. Heart broken

my daisy was runt of the litter and she had mild heart problems, its not needed an operation thankfully, its just something we need to keep an eye on. hope your dog dosent need one

I'm sorry to hear that. If you're on a low wage do you receive any benefits like housing benefit that might qualify you for PDSA care? How much are the vets charging for the scan? That should help them find out more, they may find he doesn't even need an op. Do check with other vets to get a second opinion or see if they can provide treatment cheaper.

Who did you purchase the pup off and have you contacted them

Yes excellent they been offering money back

Thank you everyone, vets on friday booked he is so lively and happy but its made me so sad fingers cxrossed