Wish me luck, (On the radio tomorrow)

Signed, hope everyone signs it

good luck, you'll be great, i know its nerve racking but hey just don't think of the listeners just think about the topic.

Hope it went well I was interviewed back in 1994 when our garden was featured on Channel 4's Garden Club and it was a hoot: they followed me round the garden and we talked about the various features. It being a gorgeous August day, the cats were dozing in the sun and at one point the interviewer said 'ooh luck, do you think he might say something?'. Err no, he's a cat...

As previously posted "I will not be signing your petition" for teh reasons that I stated in your last post. Your cause will get shot down, where it deserves. How can Doctors surgeries take on more work when they are already overstretched as it is. I am on DLA and need an appointment at my doctors urgently to assess my new drugs and teh effect on my blood pressure but cannot get in until next Monday at the earliest due to demand. Your stupid plea is only going to lengthen the time it takes for all patients to get appointments by making gp's do the job that others are doing quite well it seems. If you do not have a genuine need for DLA then the medical services team that assesses you will suss you out, which is what they are there for.

Expect my call in the morning

As previously posted "I will not be signing your petition" for teh reasons that I stated in your last post. Your cause will get shot down, where it deserves. How can Doctors surgeries take on more work when they are already overstretched as it is. I am on DLA and need an appointment at my doctors urgently to assess my new drugs and teh effect on my blood pressure but cannot get in until next Monday at the earliest due to demand. Your stupid plea is only going to lengthen the time it takes for all patients to get appointments by making gp's do the job that others are doing quite well it seems. If you do not have a genuine need for DLA then the medical services team that assesses you will suss you out, which is what they are there for.

Expect my call in the morning

I kind of agree with you, it's like..I think a lot of people are hoping that they're pally pally enough with their doctor for him to sign them onto DLA when somebody who was impartial would say they're OK to do a job, even if it's just an office job or something sat down.

All I know is, I know someone who actually has a incapacitating condition and he has no qualms about seeing one of these medical assessors because he knows he is too ill to work. It seems to me that the only people who seem to be moaning about it are those with the more..questionable conditions, who maybe play on their illness a little too much.

Having said that, I was going to listen to your radio appearance but I was still asleep probably a good time after you got home and had your dinner.

Haha.

Seriously though I don't wish you luck with your cause.

As always when a person tries to do something proactive, people try and shoot him down. The reason I was trying to get this going was not to give doctors extra work, but trying to make sure disabled people get a fairer deal. Well thanks to those who supported me, and to the ones who don't, ce la vie

You have had this on the site for a few days AND had a radio broadcast but you still only have 21 signatures. Does that tell you something?

I will NOT be signing for the reasons I gave in the other post you had running. Sometimes the GP / patient relationship is too cosy / it is less hassle for the GPs to sign said forms than to 'discuss' with their patient the reasons for refusing to sign / say not eligible etc

Assessments MUST be done by independent professionals

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. I've been on Radio 5 Live a few times once in the studio and then a few interviews over the phone, I've also been on Radio Sheffield and the London Station LBC. As you feel strongly about your cause it will come naturally to you to talk about it. Take a deep breath, the presenters and producers will make you feel at ease, and don't talk to fast.

Good luck, i have signed x