Gumtree animal ads on this site

fiveof

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing all the gumtree ads for the dogs for sale on this site today??? I know some ads are specific to what the computer user has been looking at previously, but I definately haven't been looking at dogs for sale on gumtree!!! :rant:

That will probs explain it then, I've not been on for a couple of days, is there no way admin can block these adds I wonder? It seems even discussing getting them banned causes advertising them which is the very thing people are trying to stop!!!

That will probs explain it then, I've not been on for a couple of days, is there no way admin can block these adds I wonder? It seems even discussing getting them banned causes advertising them which is the very thing people are trying to stop!!!

I'm not sure what the forum can do, but hopefully something, as any newcomer on the forum will see them and think its a great idea to go to Gumtree for a cheap puppy!

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing all the gumtree ads for the dogs for sale on this site today??? I know some ads are specific to what the computer user has been looking at previously, but I definately haven't been looking at dogs for sale on gumtree!!! :rant:

I might be having a dim moment but I'm not really sure what you mean?

On the top right of the page and down the left side on the main home page, the site is displaying ads for pets for sale from gumtree. The reason I asked if anyone else is seeing them is I know that some ads that are displayed are caused by whatever the pc user has been looking at previously, but as I haven't been looking on Gumtree, I wondered if they were site specific or just on my laptop, if that makes any sense?/

On the top right of the page and down the left side on the main home page, the site is displaying ads for pets for sale from gumtree. The reason I asked if anyone else is seeing them is I know that some ads that are displayed are caused by whatever the pc user has been looking at previously, but as I haven't been looking on Gumtree, I wondered if they were site specific or just on my laptop, if that makes any sense?/

Oh I see what you mean :hihi: Can't make any promises but will report this and see if anything can be done at all.

• 1 month later...