Can wednesday turn it round?

The answer is no.. there rubbish.

Another new poster! Welcome on board, Sheffield Forum must be going through a recruitment drive! :hihi:

We can turn it round,but i think its gunna be the playoffs for us,united i can actually see overtaking charlton .

yes they can and will.

Don't see them play much do you? lol only joking

Seriously as most on here have said The pressure is on you lose and its goodbye Automatic

You win and we're still 2 points ahead with 2 games in hand possible 8 points in front

We win and we're 8 points ahead with 2 games in hand possible 14 points in front

Yes you may turn it around but the odds are against you catching us ATM

If you think how quickly the situation has changed in the past month, with Wednesday being 2 points ahead of United at that time, you could argue that it could all so easily change again.

And it could.

However, results don't always tell the story behind the games. And what I've seen first hand, over the last 15 or 16 games from United, is a team that is playing with a lot of confidence and composure, they've looked consistently better than any team put before them (except Brum in the cup!) even in the games they've lost (which is only 2 in that time).

I haven't seen Wednesday (well, they don't come and see me when I'm bad, so why should I?) but what my mates tell me is that they haven't been very convincing over the past half dozen or so games - even in the games they've won.

These are two very contrasting set of circumstances and to me that's probably a better indicator of the immediate future results than the number of points on the board at this stage.

Of course the points are important, but the underlying trend in terms of the performance of the team can tell you a lot about how the rest of the season may play out.

I don't think there's a crisis at Wednesday, far from it. I think they are a decent side and will be definitely in the promotion mix. But I doubt, unless they suddenly pick up their performances and United dip in theirs, that they will catch the Blades now. Not impossible, but very unlikely.

Despite what happens on sunday.

The bigger question about Wednesday for me is can they win through in the nerves and tension of the play-off matches. And I suspect they can.

Much as it would be fun to laugh at them if they fail, it would be great if both Sheffield clubs got promoted because this season has been one of the most ineresting and entertaining for some years due to the rivalry.

For a second I thought I'd wrote this post. It reflects my thoughts & I've been telling people this all week.

United have won 11 out of 13, but the really significant factor is the performances & have we been lucky?

The answer is NO, in fact we've been unlucky & have been the better team in ALL 13 of those matches. Also several of those 13 matches have been convincing 3 or 4-0 victories.

IS there anyone who still believes Wednesday can catch the Blades?

Looking at it realistically I can't see United dropping 12 more points than Wednesday in the 16 games they have left.

United have dropped 9 in the last 4 and Wednesday dropped 2 in the last 3 (since this comment)

carry on playing like we did tonight and we got a good chance of that second spot,still lots more twists and turns to come.

They may just make me eat my words.

And they may not. It's so frustrating seeing them lose against Colley WMC one day, then destroying what I thought was a tidy Bury side tonight.

Wednesday used to be very consistent at being inconsistent.

Please tell me that that's all about to change?

At present, yep, Wednesday can 'turn it round'.

I didn't give them a prayer a couple of weeks ago, but other teams blips, and our 'mini revival' gives me some hope.

COYBAWW !! :thumbsup:

United have dropped 9 in the last 4 and Wednesday dropped 2 in the last 3 (since this comment)

Talk about selective stats.

wednesday can definately turn it round over the next few weeks 100% behind the lads

Talk about selective stats.

Explain to me why those stats are selective, since the thread was posted that is the amout of games played by each club and the points dropped.