A4E and Emma Harrison- MEGATHREAD

Talk about "taking our money" what about benefit claiments they take "our money".

'Bribery, a form of pecuniary corruption, is an act implying money or gift given that alters the behavior of the recipient. Bribery constitutes a crime and is defined by Black's Law Dictionary as the offering, giving, receiving, or soliciting of any item of value to influence the actions of an official or other person in charge of a public or legal duty.'

So let me get this right.

The government is bribing you because of the threat of losing benefits if you don't take a job?

its not bribery its slavery .....

---------- Post added 05-12-2013 at 23:58 ----------

My friend was expected to apply for a job that starts at 7am or finish at 10pm (dependant on shift) although it is 2-3hours away by public transport depending on traffic, and they have no transport of there own. Think they actually need training themselves to do a proper job and be realistic in peoples job search criterias. P.S: 1st bus to where this particular friend lives is at 6.05

my partner just got sent on one of these ridiculous jobs started at 7 am in lincoln almost a 2 hours drive away finishing at 9 pm at minimum wage meaning he would have to leave home at 5 am and get back home at 11 ish pm leaving him with 6 hours down time absolutely ridiculous he had to take the job at the time as it was suitable and would have his benefits stopped if he didnt until i put my beak in and spoke to the jobcentre told them i was going to papers as it was slavery they only made hime stay for a week they soon changed their tune and found him practically the same job half an hour away at the other side of rotherham such idiots ..

YES ! Prosecuted.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/latest_news/nine_charged_over_a4e_fraud/

I just realised who and what this company does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A4e

On 22 March 2012, the BBC's Newsnight current affairs programme revealed that they had received a leaked document suggesting 'systemic fraud' at the company.[36] The following day, Labour MP Margaret Hodge, who chairs the Commons Public Accounts Committee, called on the government to suspend its contracts with the jobs training agency.[37]

On 9 March 2012, the Department of Work and Pensions announced it had 'been made aware of an allegation of attempted fraud in relation to a Mandatory Work Activity contract with A4e'. It stated that it had begun an investigation into this allegation, and also, as a result of the allegation, an 'independent audit of all our commercial relationships with A4e'.[7]

:rant::rant::rant:

I have recently been sent on a ridiculous 2 week "Training" course with A4e. I dont think the way that this has been categorised as a training course when you are not being trained is beyond me. Is this soemthing to do with the fact they had to make the Jobcentre think that they were actually making a difference by "Training" the unemployed. What a crock of >removed<.

First of all I had to endure the ridicule of going into that dreadful building, secondly be talked down to by the overpaid, under qualified staff. I was then bundled into a small room to meet my tutor. lol, what a joke.

If I wanted to be talked down to for a full 2 weeks, I would have gone and spent some time with my Grandfather. Instead I was told that no matter what I had already tried, I was doing it wrong, I didn't know anything about the correct ways in which to seek for a job and that if I wanted any chances at all in gaining "full time sustainable employment" I had to pay attention to the ways in which I was TOLD to conduct my job search. I then had my CV taken away, which may I add was an excellent CV, for it to be re-written and chopped in half, with a load of lies and rubbish added in there too apparantly make me more desirable to an employer. HA.

I feel that my skills base enables me to work excellently as a team player, I feel I have excellent communication skills, my confidence levels were at an all time high and I definitely did not require any motivational training. Still I had to sit for a mind numbing 2 weeks and be patronised and ridiculed. How does something like this even constitute "Help and Assistance" with job search, when all the staff down there are nothing more than monkeys dressed in shirts and ties.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I think its about time the Government decided to throw proper money into helping people find work rather than lining the pockets of these corporate giants who frankly couldn't give a >removed< as to whether we find work or not. They still receive their hefty salaries at the end of each month.

:rant::rant::rant:

I was put in the exact same situation, being put in a room with a guy who shouts out 'when can I go for a fag I've only had three since I've got out' feel like I shouldn't have to be put in there with people who can't read or write, either way I was invited for a interview with plusnet which I applied for before hand so I know nothing was wrong with my cv, sometimes it just is really hard to get an employer to see your cv, it's that simple, could have the best cv in the world but if a recruiter wont look at it then you have no chance

i have to laugh at this shower, I became a carer for my mother January carers 2013

I was on the work program but signed off when my carers allowance came through, since then i have been getting letters every month from jan 2013 until last week giving me appointments to attend.. and if i don't i will get my JSA sanctioned... hmmm funny i don't get JSA.. so hence never been sanctioned, i get phone calls from them asking why i have not attended... and i repeat the same thing I am not on JSA and not on the work program .. I have reported this to the DWP 5 times now, Today i had another call from A4E saying they are now passing me on to another company for the last 16 weeks.. So i said how many times must I tell you I am not on your program, Well i have to do this to tick the boxes .. so they have been claiming for me while i am not on the work program.. so does not suprise me, I think another letter to DWP is in order

i have to laugh at this shower, I became a carer for my mother January carers 2013

I was on the work program but signed off when my carers allowance came through, since then i have been getting letters every month from jan 2013 until last week giving me appointments to attend.. and if i don't i will get my JSA sanctioned... hmmm funny i don't get JSA.. so hence never been sanctioned, i get phone calls from them asking why i have not attended... and i repeat the same thing I am not on JSA and not on the work program .. I have reported this to the DWP 5 times now, Today i had another call from A4E saying they are now passing me on to another company for the last 16 weeks.. So i said how many times must I tell you I am not on your program, Well i have to do this to tick the boxes .. so they have been claiming for me while i am not on the work program.. so does not suprise me, I think another letter to DWP is in order

I think a letter to David Cameron is in order.

And yet on other threads people love the Thornbridge pubs. Same despicable family.

And yet on other threads people love the Thornbridge pubs. Same despicable family.

Whether A4E are doing their jobs competently, effectively, fraudulently or whatever makes no difference to how good the Thornbridge pubs are.

Whether A4E are doing their jobs competently, effectively, fraudulently or whatever makes no difference to how good the Thornbridge pubs are.

To be honest, if they are so fraudulent, you would think that the government have managed to close them down in one way or another, or starved them of their contracts. This is what most business relationships will do. It is quite bad that there are still users here who state that this is STILL ongoing ?

I am so glad that I never signed up for the dole, as it will mean they too would have gotten my data also and used it to their advantage too. Cos how else can they manage to find information of this nature and WHO is securing out this kind of sensitive information from being taken advantage of ?

I would state that this should indeed be the next project for the MET to be honest. If Cameron is serious about him getting people back into jobs, then this area and the whole process need to clean up ASAP.

I have also had an interview with them once many moons ago. I am very glad that I was never given the role. It is a blessing in disguise.

Really? If they are so good, why does this article say they all operate at a loss?

Perhaps the brewery should apply for charitable status? I wonder if A4E has....

Emma’s husband, Jim, runs Thornbridge Brewery, housed in a converted outbuilding on the estate and another site in nearby Bakewell. One of his ales is called Jaipur, a nod to the city where he and Emma married. He also owns a number of pubs and restaurants, all of which operate at a loss according to the latest accounts. None of which matters, as long as Emma is doing her bit for the unemployed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2102892/Living-state--Inside-16-bedroom-42-loo-mansion-Governments-families-tsar-8-5m-payday-provoked-outrage.html#ixzz2vIvoAokz

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

i bet they didnt get the people who run them from the jobseekers who attend their courses:hihi:

a4e are useless, they are goverment puppets out to make you feel worthless .they have silly programs that supposed to show you can work as a team ,its like going back to nersery,there only jobs there offer is pennine foods gunstones both cheap labour sweatshops under the same ownership its hire and fire 5 interviews a week says it all and they rip you off with wagers and no gaurenteed hours allof em want closing downl