A4E and Emma Harrison- MEGATHREAD

You said...

For anyone curious about the training offered at A4e, as far as I have seen the clients who are willing to gain new qualifications are encouraged to do so, and can take level 2 English and/or Maths and a range of NVQ programmes.

So I said...

etc. etc.

Funny, that. I emailed A4e a few days ago asking, precisely, what training and qualifications were on offer at their Sheffield office.

I still await a response...

Then you said...

Can't comment on their ability to respond to emails! Just know that they do offer accredited courses...

Well, it's three weeks since I mailed them and still await a reply. So A4e are either

• Extremely lax on the customer-service front (Get away! :hihi:) or

• Offer no damn training or courses whatsoever!

I know which I think...

Edited by grafikhaus74

and guess whats even more scarier? they only get about a 30-40% attendance, imagine how bad it would be with 100% of the people put on the course

Reminds me of Jeremy Clarkson's opinions on why the judicial service doesn't work, because juries are made up exclusively of people who were too dumb to avoid jury service )))

if you wingers put more effort into applying for employment instead of whinging on about how unfair everything is - you might not have the time to write on here and be earning money instead.

I for one pay taxes from two jobs ( i need to keep a roof over my head - i dont qualify for handouts mind I wouldnt want to be scounging anyhow), why should my taxes pay for unemployed people to sit on their backsides doing nothing but complain about their situation - get motivated put more effort in to finding work instead of moaning and whinging about others on here.

If you want something - you have to go out and get it - a job aint going to come to you - why would any employer want to employ someone who moans about their lot, blames others who are trying to help them, but yet take handouts from the very system they fight against.

I can't understand why the money invested in schemes like this can not be spent on apprenticeships to teach people trades when we are told there are insufficient skilled people in this country and so we are using foreign tradesmen.

Jesus chill out like. The reason why Sheffield has allowed people to post their comments on here is because it is a public forum where individuals are entitled to post their "OPINION" on an issue or subject that they feel strongly about. If that is the way they feel about this person regardless of whether you class this as "SLANDER" or not, then surely they are entitled have their say and put their own point across however they like. Who are you to tell them that they are wrong. Freedom of speech and all that. The last time I checked I was living in a free country where individuals were allowed to make up their own mind, without being judged or pressured into thinking a certain way. get off your high horse mind you dont fall off your soap box on the way down.

Dont bray on about it, as had nothing to do with those! As for jealousy, i for one could never be jealous of someone like her! I may not have a mansion, my own pool and millions in the bank, but, i guarantee you this, i am a better person and have far more of the "little things" in my life, that matter, than she will ever have! So no, not jealous what so ever! I have grown up around people with money, have many rich friends,i dont judge someone by how much they have got, makes no difference to me at all, i like people, or dislike people, for WHO they are, not what they are!

How can you dislike someone you dont actually know??????

Have you ever spoken too or interacted with Emma Harrison????

You are judging and disliking someone excately for what she has or has made of her life - how else could you have an opinion of her

Oh and also Sheffsal, in response to your second post. I am a tax payer and I for one also pay tax on 2 jobs. So dont judge everyone who is merely passing comment on this subject and certainly do not tarnish everyone with the same brush. The reason why I have been referred to A4e before in the past is because I was made redundant and therefore qualified for help and assistance straight away. This was only a 2 day thing and I was in out quicker than I was able to sign the 100 forms they give you. I am more than aware that they do help some epople into finding work, although there is just as many that cannot and will not be helped.

So once again, rather than moaning about being a tax payer of 2 jobs, remember that your not the only person out there who need to do that to make ends meet and to keep a roof over your head.

Jesus chill out like. The reason why Sheffield has allowed people to post their comments on here is because it is a public forum where individuals are entitled to post their "OPINION" on an issue or subject that they feel strongly about. If that is the way they feel about this person regardless of whether you class this as "SLANDER" or not, then surely they are entitled have their say and put their own point across however they like. Who are you to tell them that they are wrong. Freedom of speech and all that. The last time I checked I was living in a free country where individuals were allowed to make up their own mind, without being judged or pressured into thinking a certain way. get off your high horse mind you dont fall off your soap box on the way down.

how would you feel about someone saying that about you?????

it is slander as the post is actually attacking the person in the youtube clip - I do actually know this person and his past and he certainly does not deserve the comments made by the poster.

The poster is personally attacking the guy in the youtube clip - his face is there for all to see - so people will judge this guy by the posters comments and not make up their mind based on someone elses misconcieved and ill founded comments. They could all so if incited - take matters into their own hands.

Im all for freedom of speech - however this is not - this is a personal attack on an individual, with the means to identification. Check out Slander and if the guy in the clip wanted too - he could take this matter further and through the courts.

I will be making him aware of the link from sheffield forum to youtube and have already reported the post to a mediator on the forum.

High horse and soap box - stupid comments!!!!

Edited by sheffsal
added something to the post

how would you feel about someone saying that about you?????

it is slander as the post is actually attacking the person in the youtube clip - I do actually know this person and his past and he certainly does not deserve the comments made by the poster.

The poster is personally attacking the guy in the youtube clip - his face is there for all to see - so people will judge this guy by the posters comments and not make up their mind based on someone elses misconcieved and ill founded comments. They could all so if incited - take matters into their own hands.

Im all for freedom of speech - however this is not - this is a personal attack on an individual, with the means to identification. Check out Slander and if the guy in the clip wanted too - he could take this matter further and through the courts.

I will be making him aware of the link from sheffield forum to youtube and have already reported the post to a mediator on the forum.

High horse and soap box - stupid comments!!!!

Oh dear!

Maybe if he feels so strongly about this he should never have allowed A4e to use him in their advertising video and should request they remove the video from YouTube immediately? :suspect:

ok ok, you've stepped it further then this should have been done

i was told of his past, and that is my lasting impression of the man, which is especially bad as he was working on behalf of a company at the time

my opinion is however based on something when i went on the course 2 years ago, he might have had different changes in his life since then, and as far as i know, he doesn't even work for them anymore.

but, because it offends someone, i'll remove it

Oh and also Sheffsal, in response to your second post. I am a tax payer and I for one also pay tax on 2 jobs. So dont judge everyone who is merely passing comment on this subject and certainly do not tarnish everyone with the same brush. The reason why I have been referred to A4e before in the past is because I was made redundant and therefore qualified for help and assistance straight away. This was only a 2 day thing and I was in out quicker than I was able to sign the 100 forms they give you. I am more than aware that they do help some epople into finding work, although there is just as many that cannot and will not be helped.

So once again, rather than moaning about being a tax payer of 2 jobs, remember that your not the only person out there who need to do that to make ends meet and to keep a roof over your head.

never said I were - you assumed - Im merely responding to the negative and sometimes liablous comments on here - and Im not moaning about been a tax payer of two jobs again you assume - What angers and annoys me is that people claiming think it is alright to turn jobs down and claim JSA - any job is better then no job - i didnt chose my two jobs - I applied for anything and everything and was fortunate to be successful at interview. I make the best out of two situations cos Im earning money. Now i could whinge on but i wont cos I believe I am fortunate to have my jobs.

You make your own way in life - bout time some people got off their arses and started doing the same - thats my opinion and as a tax payer I have the right too voice my opinon of how my taxes are spent keeping people in the manner they have become accustomed too.

ok ok, you've stepped it further then this should have been done

i was told of his past, and that is my lasting impression of the man, which is especially bad as he was working on behalf of a company at the time

my opinion is however based on something when i went on the course 2 years ago, he might have had different changes in his life since then, and as far as i know, he doesn't even work for them anymore.

but, because it offends someone, i'll remove it

the changes this man made in his life was huge and prior to stating at a4e but a4e also played a part in getting his life back on track - out of all the staff he didnt deserve the comments made - thank you for removing the link.