Taxies near co op funeral service in town

How about reducing Hackney Carriage fares to a level that would make it no longer financially worthwhile hanging around all day obstructing access?

The last update I got about how many taxi rank spaces around town centre was around 500 and in total there are well over 1000 black cabs

Scc are to greedy and keep giving plates out

Ignoring what a total dog's dinner the design was, the solution's fairly straightforward.

The council should start enforcing their parking arrangements. At $400 a pop the drivers will soon get fed up with the fact they can't get into the station so will put pressure on the station owners to sort out the mess they created.

And maybe just some nice feedback to whoever designed the new station that 27 rank spaces isn't enough for a city the size of Sheffield.

How about reducing Hackney Carriage fares to a level that would make it no longer financially worthwhile hanging around all day obstructing access?

What a stupid post.

The last update I got about how many taxi rank spaces around town centre was around 500 and in total there are well over 1000 black cabs

Scc are to greedy and keep giving plates out

There has been a cap on them to a little over 800 mate, this has been in force a good number of years now, but when it was capped at 300 there wasn't enough BCs to deal with the demand on weekends in Town.

But now in a time of little money, people losing their jobs their just isn't as much demand for Taxis, the council should of thought things through a little bit better but again they didn't, imvho they should of raised it to 500 and capped it at that.

Ignoring what a total dog's dinner the design was, the solution's fairly straightforward.

The council should start enforcing their parking arrangements. At $400 a pop the drivers will soon get fed up with the fact they can't get into the station so will put pressure on the station owners to sort out the mess they created.

And maybe just some nice feedback to whoever designed the new station that 27 rank spaces isn't enough for a city the size of Sheffield.

:hihi:

What get's me is you still have people just waiting in the middle of the road to pick up their 20 year old girl and holding everyone up including PH drivers like me waiting to pick up, THERE IS A FREE CAR PARK FOR THIS PEOPLE, USE IT !

But yeah, had it been planned better this wouldn't of happened like sccman said.

They won't use it they will just pick up anywhere they want

The council have been sent cd's full of pics showing the problems we have down here, they make promises and then forget about it. Once in a while someone from parking services shows up, everyone vanishes for a while and when they leave everyone comes back, at certain times of day it can take up to 15 minutes to get from where I work out on to Suffolk Road, just what you want after a 12 hour shift!!

The council have been sent cd's full of pics showing the problems we have down here, they make promises and then forget about it. Once in a while someone from parking services shows up, everyone vanishes for a while and when they leave everyone comes back, at certain times of day it can take up to 15 minutes to get from where I work out on to Suffolk Road, just what you want after a 12 hour shift!!

Feel for you, the lady I pick up who works there says the exact same, what a **** up, some geezer has been paid £££££s for this mess, like the Woodseats bus lane mess and others more.