National express coaches driving too fast through Woodesats

Including me actually! ;)

Is he saying he sees them speed

A few points

There are a few threads on here complaining about woodseats been a bottle neck so its harldy likely to be speeding is it

Coaches are limited so it couldnt be doing 60mph

Answers to your points...Have you ever been on Woodseats at 2am? It's empty and coaches do run at that time.

Coaches are limited to 100 K/MH which equals roughly 62 MPH so 60 MPH is possible although probably exaggerated (*waits for grammar police) slightly.

Only the 465/560/564 pick-up and drop off at Meadowhead.

The only ones I've ever got are London and East Midlands airport coaches. I don't know if other coaches go via Woodseats. I've occasionally caught coaches from London that have gone via Gleadless or Woodhouse. Not all the NE coaches from London to Sheffield stop at Chesterfield as if there's a lot of demand - say Sunday evening - they'll put on a non-stop to Sheffield only and another that stops at Chesterfield, Meadowhead, etc, at the same time.

I used one to do a return trip to London a couple of years back. He was had his foot down to the hilt all the way back to Sheffield including through the area discussed. We actually requested that the driver slow down (and turn the heating down) as he nearly knocked over a couple in London in the bus station and then more every time we came off the motorway, chopping up people as we went, but of course he didn't.We put a complaint in and were told it was dealt with but doubt little was done. He was the worst driver I have ever experienced as a passenger but there has never been a good driver any of the times I have been on them and I have decided against using them again.

I am not surprised by this post - only disappointed that it is still happening

The only ones I've ever got are London and East Midlands airport coaches. I don't know if other coaches go via Woodseats. I've occasionally caught coaches from London that have gone via Gleadless or Woodhouse. Not all the NE coaches from London to Sheffield stop at Chesterfield as if there's a lot of demand - say Sunday evening - they'll put on a non-stop to Sheffield only and another that stops at Chesterfield, Meadowhead, etc, at the same time.

Most coaches heading to going south out of Sheffield will either go up Woodseats or up Blackstock Road although 98% of them go up Woodseats.

Chalfront coaches have a Sunday evening 560 service which goes direct up the M1 to Sheffield and only stops at Chesterfield to drop off if required.

The following list shows NX routes that use Woodseats.

Yourbus (Heanor, Derbyshire - approx 8 times each direction.)

240 Bradford - Leeds - Wakefield - Meadowhall - Sheffield - Chesterfield - East Midlands Airport - Coventry - Heathrow Airport - Gatwick Airport (certain journies)

Various operators - several times a day

310/320 - Bradford - Leeds - Meadowhall - Sheffield - Chesterfield - Birmingham. Certain 310 journies continue down to Poole however the majority operate between Birmingham and Bradford.

326 Newcastle - Sunderland - Peterlee - Hartlepool - Darlington - Billingham - Stockton-on-Tees - Middlesbrough - York - Leeds - Meadowhead - Sheffield - Chesterfield - Nottingham. Most journies continue from Nottingham down to Cambridge via Leicester - Market Harborough - Northampton & Bedford.

350 Liverpool - Manchester Airport - Manchester - Stocksbridge - Meadowhall - Sheffield - Chesterfield - Mansfield - Nottingham - Bingham - Grantham - Peterbrough - Huntingdon - Cambridge

Stagecoach in Yorkshire (Stonegravels, Chesterfield - 1 direction per day.)

465 Huddersfield - Bradford - Leeds - Wakefield - Meadowhall - Sheffield - Chesterfield - London

Stagecoach in Yorkshire (Stonegravels, Chesterfield - 6 times each direction.)

560 Barnsley/Rotherham/Sheffield - Meadowhead - Chesterfield - Milton Keynes - London

Stagecoach in Yorkshire (Stonegravels, Chesterfield - 3 times each direction.)

564 Halifax - Brighouse - Huddersfield - Mirfield - Dewsbury - Sheffield - Meadowhead - Chesterfield - Milton Keynes - London

The 560 and 564 are the ONLY NX routes to stop at Meadowhead.

I used one to do a return trip to London a couple of years back. He was had his foot down to the hilt all the way back to Sheffield including through the area discussed. We actually requested that the driver slow down (and turn the heating down) as he nearly knocked over a couple in London in the bus station and then more every time we came off the motorway, chopping up people as we went, but of course he didn't.We put a complaint in and were told it was dealt with but doubt little was done. He was the worst driver I have ever experienced as a passenger but there has never been a good driver any of the times I have been on them and I have decided against using them again.

I am not surprised by this post - only disappointed that it is still happening

Being 100% serious here, I think I know who you mean here - he's one of my mates and now works at TM Travel!

The speed these coaches are going at when they head through Woodseats is dangerous and something needs doing about it.

Last night I saw a very near miss near the police station after a coach had sprinted over the hill in towards woodseats at a good 60 mph and only just missed a car turning right.

60mph towards woodseats erm have you a radar gun can you prove this speed I drive for national express . The coaches are fitted with a electronic limiter . These restrict the vehicle to 56 mph . And if its possible which i know for a fact isn't due to fact that its congested daily your lucky to hit 10 mph so think you need to get a radar a speed camera

60mph towards woodseats erm have you a radar gun can you prove this speed I drive for national express . The coaches are fitted with a electronic limiter . These restrict the vehicle to 56 mph . And if its possible which i know for a fact isn't due to fact that its congested daily your lucky to hit 10 mph so think you need to get a radar a speed camera

My truck is set at 56mph, yet you guys fly past me regulary an the M1. I always thought they were set at 60mph?

Almost taken off my bike by the 350 in Hillsborough before now. Official police complaint to National Express got nowhere. There's an impenetrable complaints system.

There's a huge disparity in the quality of National Express drivers

Guest busdriver1
Almost taken off my bike by the 350 in Hillsborough before now. Official police complaint to National Express got nowhere. There's an impenetrable complaints system.

There's a huge disparity in the quality of National Express drivers

National Express drivers are mostly wannabee coach drivers and are not up to it so have to settle for Nat Ex instead. They are prepared to attempt to run to the frequently reduced timetables introduced by National Express instead of driving legally and forcing them to time the journies correctly. The exact same thing applies to Megabus. I would never travel by either as I am aware of the pressures the drivers are put under.

National Express drivers are mostly wannabee coach drivers and are not up to it so have to settle for Nat Ex instead. They are prepared to attempt to run to the frequently reduced timetables introduced by National Express instead of driving legally and forcing them to time the journies correctly. The exact same thing applies to Megabus. I would never travel by either as I am aware of the pressures the drivers are put under.

Is there any other type of coach driving?

Atleast the megabus sticks to the M1 and doesn't have to plough through built up areas.