Ultimately, a child's education is more important than a holiday

A child's education is more important than a holiday  

96 members have voted

1. 1. A child's education is more important than a holiday

A family doesn't only consist of children. Parents need a break too and as I said in an earlier post hard working parents aren't always able to take their holidays during the school holidays. So long as the present system isn't abused I see no harm in leaving things as they are.

Not voting as the answer isnt as clear cut as yes or no.

Early September usually has very good weather, being the back end of summer. And holiday costs are much cheaper when the kids are back at school.

I was being a bit flippant, I'm planning a Sept week away myself since me and the OT are busy until mid July and want to avoid the school holidays ourselves.

I was simply trying to understand your anecdote that was sadly lacking in any detail, whilst also sharing my own anecdote. I'm sorry if engaging in debate with you upsets you for some reason. Perhaps for your mental health you should avoid using a forum where someone might not immediately agree with you or might even speculate or ask you questions.

The anecdote had just the right amount of information required to get the point across. What else did you need? A full statistical breakdown of friendships formed, including times and dates?

When did I say I was upset? Confused about your ramblings, yes.

Suspicious that you're not as dim or unable to assimilate information as your posts would suggest, maybe.

Upset, definitely not.

As for my mental health....really? :suspect:

No they didn't. There's a very clear difference between taking a child out of school at the end of term when nothing new is being taught, and taking a child out of school at the start of term when new things are being introduced. A point I was making and which you've been ignoring.

You seemed upset, upset and angry. Maybe you just come across that way when you've become confused.

No they didn't. There's a very clear difference between taking a child out of school at the end of term when nothing new is being taught, and taking a child out of school at the start of term when new things are being introduced. A point I was making and which you've been ignoring.

You seemed upset, upset and angry. Maybe you just come across that way when you've become confused.

Aw, bless you. thanks for your concern. Unfortunately, it was your poorly worded and badly constructed posts that caused the confusion in the first place. Now you've had a moment of clarity and actually said what you meant instead of rambling on I can get back to normality. I was starting to feel like a special needs teacher there for a moment. I have to admit, all your hissing and spitting was a bit off-putting but hey, good for you, you got there in the end.

:clap:

If you found my posts confusing then your English comprehension must be quite poor.

If you found my posts confusing then your English comprehension must be quite poor.

You're clutching at straws now....:hihi:

2/10 for effort.

As far as I can tell the only question is which of us is more determined to have the last word. You refuse to expand on your anecdote, and my responses have been perfectly clear ever since I analysed it.

Christ do some of you just log onto SF to bicker?!

When we were kids my father worked fantastically hard to provide for us and would often "suddenly" decide we were going away. When I say sudden I remember going to school one morning then mum coming to collect us as we were off to Florida. He'd got to work, cleared his diary and booked flights etc that morning then rang home and given mum not long to pack and collect us. We always took homework with us and dad believes we are "better rounded" for the travel experiences we had in our youth. It will be a few years before miss is at school but if I have the chance she will be afforded the same as we had.

As far as I can tell the only question is which of us is more determined to have the last word. You refuse to expand on your anecdote, and my responses have been perfectly clear ever since I analysed it.

Responses plural? Which one did you analyse? Can you tell us which one "it" is?

The irony of you criticising my comprehension of English is very sweet.

You can have the last word now. I'm done laughing at you. :hihi: