Boycott workfare in Sheffield

For all those in favour of working for your benefits, be very careful

If this catches on, then it could be your job thats made redundant and then given over to someone on the workfare programme.

As for working for your benefits, if this grows, you yourself may find out what its like to pay all your bills on £65 a week.

First Tescos, then poundland, then.....your job.

Dont be so daft this is about getting people to earn their benefit rather than lounging about watching jeremy Kyle while the rest of us work and pay taxes.

I honestly thought I would hate this conservative government but this is a great idea. About time.

Dont be so daft this is about getting people to earn their benefit rather than lounging about watching jeremy Kyle while the rest of us work and pay taxes.

I honestly thought I would hate this conservative government but this is a great idea. About time.

so taking away the fact that you think people on the dole should work for benefits

do you actually think its a fair and sensible thing to do?

do you think giving people on benefits work that somebody could do as a real full time, paid job is sensible?

do you think these "large" companies wont just toss them away every 5 minutes and get a new one instead of recruiting properly?

dont you think theres better more deserving work they could be doing to earn their dole many instead of propping up the profits of big companies?

dont you think the government couldve pulled their fingers out their asses and come up with a far better way of making them pay instead of helping their rich friends in business as usual?

Exactly. Why should they get free slaves? If they have a vacancy for someone, that person should be taken off benefits and given a salary. Bravo, there you go, one more person off the dole, rather than a temporary free slave, soon to be replaced by another free slave when their placement is up. A conveyor belt of free labour and a wonderful excuse not to hire a paid employee. Well done David Cameron, a hero for our society...

I tried to make this point on another thread, but you put it so much better, thank you. These are my sentiments exactly.

i am currently on the work program, and to be honest i think its a good thing, NOT IN THE PRESENT STATE, i mean the idea of working for you dole is a good one, but where i disagree strongly, is that the work should be for the community.

so the only people to profit from that work is the person doing it. I.E. getting out and doing something positive, meeting people from different walks of life, helping your local community.

and what it SHOULD NOT BE FOR, is the work should not line the pockets of big business, who will take that free workforce and wring every last ounce of work and the saving of money then can from the project.

they say that people do get taken on after completing the work trial. i was with pound land and out of the 15 people that took part none was offered a job at the end, and the management said privately of course than they would never take them on while they got free labour on a regular basis.

why would they!. its all about profit.

Have you been sent to A4e/serco by the jobcentre to do work for your benefits programmes then come along to national day of action

http://www.boycottworkfare.org/

That's a very good website. It also provides a list of email addresses for those wishing to contact the companies to express their feelings, and a standard letter.

I wholeheartedly agree with the concept that people claiming benifits should be forced to work. However giving free labour to large companies such as Tesco, Sainsburys et al. is ill thought out and probably not benifiting anyone.

Labour should be given to charities, smaller businesses and community projects, where it can really make a difference.

That said; gone are the days when not working was an embarrassment to yourself and your family.

common sense post of the week

so taking away the fact that you think people on the dole should work for benefits

do you actually think its a fair and sensible thing to do?

do you think giving people on benefits work that somebody could do as a real full time, paid job is sensible?

do you think these "large" companies wont just toss them away every 5 minutes and get a new one instead of recruiting properly?

dont you think theres better more deserving work they could be doing to earn their dole many instead of propping up the profits of big companies?

dont you think the government couldve pulled their fingers out their asses and come up with a far better way of making them pay instead of helping their rich friends in business as usual?

There are many people on benefits that have not done a days work in their lives. There are familys when generations have been out of the work stream. Yet we the taxpayer pay for it. About time they have to do some hard work like the rest of us.

One example of many to add to this argument

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1534303/Jobless-and-shameless.html

Edited by woodmally
example to add

There are many people on benefits that have not done a days work in their lives. There are familys when generations have been out of the work stream. Yet we the taxpayer pay for it. About time they have to do some hard work like the rest of us.

you cant do it can you? you just cant forget that bit and think logically about the whole thing. your blinded by a daily mail style hatred of the unemployed and cant see the real arguement.

yes the jobless should do stuff BUT is it right they are forced to work in a place that normally take employees on? they are effectively taking a job off somebody else, specially in this current climate, does that make sense?

its ironic that to make somebody work for their dole money they are keeping somebody from full time, full paid employment

surely the best way would be how i said we did it in the late 80s.......we WORKED in the community, they created jobs for us, we didnt go to large supermarkets and big business

we did the gardens of old people, decorated their living rooms and halls, installed play equipment in parks

thats one bad apple out of millions!!. really do you think that if one person takes advantage of the system that everyone would follow?.

the average person on benefits, DOES NOT WANT TO BE ON THEM.

even if that means they have only 30 or 40 pounds extra for working then most i think would much rather work, than sit at home and not have enough to eat or bills coming through the door that they cant pay for.

it's a good thing is it give it some time i'm certain you will change your mind when you do ask your ganger man for a length of rope i'm sure it will be reasonablely priced.:gag:

An absolute disgrace, fancy expecting people to work. They need shooting.

This is an affront to spongers from all walks of life, lets get it stopped now.

An absolute disgrace, expecting people who are willing and able to work, to work for f*** all. Would you?