Boycott workfare in Sheffield

Meet Devonshire Green, Sheffield, 1pm. We will meet at 1pm and decide on a target. and support boycott workfare

So that will be Tesco on West Street at half past.

What I wonder about this is if the unemployed were being sent to small companies would people be so outraged?

If it were levelling the playing field for small companies a little bit so they could compete with Tesco's etc would it be as bad? Are people so angry because its free labour or because its free labour for massive companies who don't really need it?

yes would still be outraged as its free labour full stop !!

What I wonder about this is if the unemployed were being sent to small companies would people be so outraged?

If it were levelling the playing field for small companies a little bit so they could compete with Tesco's etc would it be as bad? Are people so angry because its free labour or because its free labour for massive companies who don't really need it?

its not as simple as that tho

A: its free labour

B: including massive companies who dont need it, our taxes will be helping boost their profits

C: its keeping people from gaining real full time / paid employment

D: it could be used to help local communities who NEED help.

E: yet again its an half arsed ill thought out government innitiative purely designed to hurt those nasty, lazy, greedy dole scum spongers

any points i missed?

With the amount of stores on the list, a shoplifting spree would be easier than a boycott.

With the amount of stores on the list, a shoplifting spree would be easier than a boycott.

Well supermarkets are a daily necessity and if enough people boycott Tesco/ Asda they should take notice and hopefully pull out of the scheme. I for one will be taking my custom to Morrisons/ Sainsbury's from now on.

its not as simple as that tho

A: its free labour

B: including massive companies who dont need it, our taxes will be helping boost their profits

C: its keeping people from gaining real full time / paid employment

D: it could be used to help local communities who NEED help.

E: yet again its an half arsed ill thought out government innitiative purely designed to hurt those nasty, lazy, greedy dole scum spongers

any points i missed?

Yes, the fact that those that are all for workfare for dole scroungers are the ones that will inevitably be paying for the system. A system which is costing millions to set up and run and whose costs will only increase the benefits budget. As stated already, the only winners in this are the private workfare providers and the companies that take on these people.

If people expect that unemployment will dramatically decline because of this then they should think again as unless there are real jobs created unemployment will continue to rise.

I am now boycotting all companies that provide workfare.

Guest busdriver1
Yes, the fact that those that are all for workfare for dole scroungers are the ones that will inevitably be paying for the system. A system which is costing millions to set up and run and whose costs will only increase the benefits budget. As stated already, the only winners in this are the private workfare providers and the companies that take on these people.

If people expect that unemployment will dramatically decline because of this then they should think again as unless there are real jobs created unemployment will continue to rise.

I am now boycotting all companies that provide workfare.

Lets look at it this way, how much "work" do these companies get from these idle dole scroungers? I bet they cost more to supervise than the value of any work they may get from them. I will be seeking out and supporting any companies that support these losers in this way.

Looking at the list of companies who use the Workfare scheme I'm going to have a problem boycotting them as they are all the low quality shops that I never use anyway.

Maybe there should be a boycott of Thornbridge pubs and restaurants because of their connection with A4E?

Have you been sent to A4e/serco by the jobcentre to do work for your benefits programmes then come along to national day of action

http://www.boycottworkfare.org/

Meet Devonshire Green, Sheffield, 1pm. We will meet at 1pm and decide on a target. and support boycott workfare

What date is this happening?

What date is this happening?

giro day

errrm

I'm unemployed and i HATE it. In the past, I've been able to get a job within 4 weeks. Its now 4 MONTHS since i was last in a job. I got made redundant. I feel isolated and my self esteem is shot. It is not fun being on the dole, believe me. And I'm certainly not idle - i help out with my husband's business, i volunteer for a sex trafficking project and i'm involved in local politics. But the problem is that there are few jobs around and a massive amount of competition for vacancies. Please don't judge people on benefits when you don't know their circumstances.