Just rehomed a dog but now you have another?

peakfa

I have just seen the woman who we got Toby from walking with another dog that she now has! No shame at all.

She apparently couldn't keep him because she lives in a flat.. surely she should have known that she couldn't keep him before she got him?

More like she couldn't handle him because he's a bit of a giddy puppy! I think we are his third owners, he is 6 months old.

Sorry to rant but this has really got on my nerves, he is the loveliest dog ever, i know beagles are known to need a lot of attention but how someone can do this is beyond me, more to the point this other dog looked like a staffy x. Does she think this dog will need any less attention? The staffy was also walking her too! Stick of staffys in particular being used, then sold on, this has really upset me :/

Has anyone ever experienced this before??

:(

Stuff like that annoys the hell out of me! Is there any reason to contact the RSPCA, ie. is there any neglect etc which normally happens when people have a high turnover of animals? It might be worth contacting the RSPCA anyway, as they educate as well as take away animals. Maybe they could hammer it home that a dog is a 15+ year commitment and not some new accessory?

oh, dear. Lovely. Sounds like the woman I got my girlie from! in the 12 months after I took madam on from her, she had eight other pets, 2 cats, 2 rats, 2 Degus, a Yorkie and a German Shepherd... and that's not all:- not to mention the Yorkie that she dumped onto my best mate about 18 months prior to me taking girlie in.

it makes me so mad!

i got my rottie when she was 11 months old and im her 5th home!!! the people i got her off told me a pack of lies about her.... they had a little jack russell puppy as well and they said they worked long days so thats why they couldnt keep her .... and surprise surprise they then got another little dog to "keep the russell company" things like that also get on my nerves too! :(

i got my rottie when she was 11 months old and im her 5th home!!! the people i got her off told me a pack of lies about her.... they had a little jack russell puppy as well and they said they worked long days so thats why they couldnt keep her .... and surprise surprise they then got another little dog to "keep the russell company" things like that also get on my nerves too! :(

oh, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :mad:

There are so many unwanted dogs I just can't understand why people churn one out after another. The only reason we're getting a newborn puppy is because of my 3 year old daughter and 2 rescue centres advised us to do so as a puppy will grow up knowing her rather than an adult dog (who they can't test around children). The education and advice is out there, I don't understand why people don't notice?

There are so many unwanted dogs I just can't understand why people churn one out after another. The only reason we're getting a newborn puppy is because of my 3 year old daughter and 2 rescue centres advised us to do so as a puppy will grow up knowing her rather than an adult dog (who they can't test around children). The education and advice is out there, I don't understand why people don't notice?

some people think dogs are like an assessory ... you know like a new handbag... when its served its purpose get a new one bigger and in a different colour!! :roll::(

It happens all the time, some people near me had a lab puppy that they left in the garden all the time, barking at everyone and never walked it. It disappeared and now they have some small yappy thing that again I've never seen being walked.

One of my FB 'friends' has just got a puppy - a shock as she's always said she hated dogs :confused: Once when we met up for a day out she told me not to bring my dog because she hates them so much, obviously I completely ignored that and took my dog anyway because she's just a dippy tart who I don't care jack about, and she was shrieking when my dog so much as looked at her (my dog was being very well behaved and calm too). Obviously a cute little puppy is ok for her - but what happens when it's an adult springer spaniel and is needing tonnes of exercise (this trollop doesn't like walking and turned up for a day's geocaching in the peaks wearing silly little spangly flip flops :roll: ) Oh and she just went out and got it without the support of her partner who didn't even want a dog!

I can see that one lasting til the dog is 12 months old at the most. I hope I'm proved wrong but we'll see.