Sheffield MoT and/or service garage MEGATHREAD

I always go to Charlie Browns across from the Wednesday ground on Penistone road I have took loads of cars and vans there the guy who does the MOT there seems fair enough to me.

charlie browns? not a cat in hells chance ever again. took a van to one in rotherham to have tracking done. went to collect several hours later (no call from them) only to be told they could not do tracking due to shockers being broken. they were fine before it went in. when i looked they had been snapped off and fluid was freely dripping from them. my guess is that they let the back end roll off the ramp as it was being lifted.

being ripped off by challenger tyres is why i no longer use them or steadfast who use to send motors up there when they were busy. both on rutland road.

I'm surprised at this as they do make a big thing out of their not doing repairs.

They've been doing repairs for quite some time now.

Hi Q of Leppings Lane, Hillsborough, for MOT.

Next to BP Petrol Station.

0114 232 4640.

vaux tyres on carlisle street. spot on and very fair. do mots only but will tell you where to get things done fairly and cheaply.

go out of town from wicker end towards attercliffe. turn left just past new tesco then first left at little roundabout. go to end and they are on the left. just round back of new tesco.

they will easily fit you in because the tesco road closure has killed off a lot of their trade.

good luck.

I agree .I have used vaux tyres for 14 years, brilliant! they will even fit you in on the day you give them a call if they can.

charlie browns? not a cat in hells chance ever again. took a van to one in rotherham to have tracking done. went to collect several hours later (no call from them) only to be told they could not do tracking due to shockers being broken. they were fine before it went in. when i looked they had been snapped off and fluid was freely dripping from them. my guess is that they let the back end roll off the ramp as it was being lifted.

being ripped off by challenger tyres is why i no longer use them or steadfast who use to send motors up there when they were busy. both on rutland road.

I said they are rip off merchants before, never take anything to them for repairs,but the guy at the Hillsborough branch is OK for doing MOT tests,dont send the wife and dont listen to any of there bolox and you should be OK there.

roman ridge test centre near meadowhall, very reasonable and friendly. 01142611033, phil

Vaux Tyres - Excellent guys. Known them for years :hihi:

My car sailed through last week at Smiths, it needed a new wiper and a new bulb as the sidelight was out, they fitted both and charged me an extra £5, given that most wipers are £10 and bulbs £5 I wouldn't say that's at all bad.

I was terrified it was going to fail as well.

I'd certainly give them a call, based on little london road, behind boots, brantano etc on the way to woodseats.

£40 for the MOT, I know you'll find cheaper but the cheaper ones in my opinion are the ones that add little jobs.

Old thread from way back: Smiths auto services, heeley.

I always take my cars to Pearl Motors and they've been spot on for years,

i worked there for 4 years and vouch for them

Hi my car is due for mot soon just wondering if anyone has any good garages in mind. thanks in advance :bigsmile:

Dot mot at olive grove. I take my car there, they are great.

Christchurch Motors on Pitsmoor Road or Rutland Autos on Rutland Road.