So called celebrities.

So long as there isn't a conflict of interest and it doesn't impact on their main job, I don't think many employers would object to their employee supplementing their income by doing other work.

So long as there isn't a conflict of interest and it doesn't impact on their main job, I don't think many employers would object to their employee supplementing their income by doing other work.

I just wet my pants at your sig.. :hihi::hihi:

Who pays the licence fee, the tax payer, are you on benefit ?.

EVERYONE has to pay for a TV licence, whether on benefits, working or not.

Why can,t the BBC be like other channels, i.e. you pay a subscription if you want to watch it. Most of the programmes are repeats and they could then invite advertisers to fund new shows, dramas etc.

pensioners over a certain age get free tv licences

Who pays the licence fee, the tax payer, are you on benefit ?.

People on benefits have to pay the licence fee too.

Not everyone.

The law states that you need to be covered by a TV Licence if you watch or record television programmes, on any device, as they're being shown on TV. This includes TVs, computers, mobile phones, games consoles, digital boxes and Blu-ray/DVD/VHS recorders.

You don't need a licence if you don't use any of these devices to watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on TV - for example, if you use your TV only to watch DVDs or play video games, or you only watch ‘catch up’ services like BBC iPlayer or 4oD.

pensioners over a certain age get free tv licences

Correct, 75 years old is the cutoff point.

The only other exception is people who don't have televisions (and various computerised methods of watching live TV, which I never did understand the details of.) There is no state benefit which entitles you to a free TV licence.

Why can,t the BBC be like other channels, i.e. you pay a subscription if you want to watch it. Most of the programmes are repeats and they could then invite advertisers to fund new shows, dramas etc.

Whilst I am no fan of the BBC and being forced to pay for their left leaning views and their overpaid staff they do provide quality programmes that you wouldn't get if advertisers paid for the programmes. You only have to look at the endless reality TV dross served up on ITV and Five to see what the BBC would turn into.

Why do you need to know if I am on benefit ?

Because the OP has run its course and benefit rants are always a second option, that or housing.

Should people on the BBC , payed by the tax payer, who want not only to read the news or the weather also want to earn extra money as so " called celebrities ", should they become celebrities and give up the tax payer job or put their extra earnings come back to the tax payer or should they be sacked ?.

Which celebrity news readers are are you referring to that are on the BBC?

I can only think of Chris Hollins who won Strictly come Dancing,and a few ex newsreaders who have been on reality tv shows.Who are the others?

Edited by janie48