Tesco advertising for slaves.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/9086133/Tesco-moves-to-calm-Twitter-jobs-row.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2102228/Tesco-row-unpaid-nightshift-jobs-expenses-plus-Jobseekers-Allowance.html

A vacancy appeared online for the ‘permanent’ role stating that the applicant would receive only Jobseekers’ Allowance plus expenses.

Work for thee dole or lose thee dole.

Jobs going at Tesco's working for your dole.

Tesco not advertising for properly paid staff. Why would they when they can get labour for next to nothing.

Perhaps we should abandon job security altogether and let tesco fire and rehire?

it looks like we are going back to the Victorian times in this country...

I use Tesco express, or did.

I will now go to the nearest co op.

The reason we pay over the odds and are crped on from a great height in this country is because of the lack of pro activeness against things we see as unjust, the French would be in the streets with flaming torches at something like this.

If you think this is wrong then don't use Tesco's its as simple as that.

Outrageous, unscrupulous, unethical!

Are there no depths companies are prepared to stoop to, just where will it all end.

wont be buying nothing from them again.got a bit in tesco bank.all out tomorrow

It's not just Tesco though. There are lots of employers doing it.

I'm not defending Tesco at all but the issue is much wider than just one company.

It's not just Tesco though. There are lots of employers doing it.

I'm not defending Tesco at all but the issue is much wider than just one company.

Boycott one and the others will get the message.

Draw up a list and if I spend a quid with anyone on it Ill take it else where.

We know, everyone knew what was going to happen if the tories got power. How many billions did tesco post in profit?

I am all for working for your dole money i.e a work trial, if their is a possible job at the end or at least a guaranteed interview but sadly if this is how company,s like sTrESCO and the like what hope is their. No wonder the UK is called the sweatshop of europe.

my friends son was 'offered' a 3 month work placement at homebase. he was told he would only get his usual jsa and would have to pay his own travel costs. he was also told if he refused to take the 'job' he would lose said jsa for the 3 month period.

my friends son was 'offered' a 3 month work placement at homebase. he was told he would only get his usual jsa and would have to pay his own travel costs. he was also told if he refused to take the 'job' he would lose said jsa for the 3 month period.

In which case he should have taken the government to court, he has to eat.

Set up your own local shop. Pay the staff a minimum of £500 a week. People will almost certainly flock to it and support you.

Why did people stop supporting their local shops and go to Tesco in the first place?

It seems that everybody wants to pay the lowest possible prices, but most of those bargain-hunters ignore the fact that the race to provide the lowest prices forces wages down, too.

The amount of money Tesco made in profit is less relevant than their profit margin. Tesco is a huge organisation which trades in a number of countries. How does that profit margin compare with the figures for corner shops?

Why not shop at Aldi? (I do, when I'm in Bavaria - and it's a bloody sight better than Tesco! :hihi:)