Woodhouse Mill Sewage Works

I'm currently looking at a property around Woodhouse Mill/(west) Swallownest & found a thread from some 7 years ago about how smelly (or not) the sewage works at Woodhouse Mill is. What's it currently like? I heard there were some site works done to reduce the smell circa 2006 but I wondered if it's still as bad as it was?

Still smells at time,look elsewhere.

It wouldn't be on the lane next to the woods would it ?

There still is a smell at times but it is strongest when driving past the sewerage plant itself and not too bad at the houses.

I have lived at woodhouse mill for years and to be honest you get used to it and don't smell it unless its boxing day as everybody's been on the booze and eating loads of veg ! :hihi:

It would definitely put people off with the smell at times but in general there isn't one.

Ging - it's round by the Aston bypass - about half a mile away by my reckoning. By the sounds of it, we'd stil get a whiff of it now and then. Still, it's good to hear it's not a constant hum! Am I right in assuming it's worse in summer?

Ging - it's round by the Aston bypass - about half a mile away by my reckoning. By the sounds of it, we'd stil get a whiff of it now and then. Still, it's good to hear it's not a constant hum! Am I right in assuming it's worse in summer?

Yes and no it seems to come and go to be honest but its not a constant hummmmm ! :hihi:

Good luck :)

The area is morose and I would not look to move there,although leaving the area is simple(and desirable).

The area is morose and I would not look to move there,although leaving the area is simple(and desirable).

Ah morose " sullen and gloomy ".

Where I live in the area is full of nature wildlife and water so definitely is not morose but attracts a lot of walkers / children and is very desirable for people to move to.

I do agree that the normal area of the place is not for me anymore and i will be vacating soon enough but to be honest i will be not be living in sheffield for certain.

Edited by ging viking

Ah morose " sullen and gloomy ".

Where I live in the area is full of nature wildlife and water so definitely is not morose but attracts a lot of walkers / children and is very desirable for people to move to.

I do agree that the normal area of the place is not for me anymore and i will be vacating soon enough but to be honest i will be not be living in sheffield for certain.

I know a lot of people visit Treeton Dyke and other beauty spots,but few come from the better side of Sheffield.To people living in Darnall WM must look like the Lakes.

I know a lot of people visit Treeton Dyke and other beauty spots,but few come from the better side of Sheffield.To people living in Darnall WM must look like the Lakes.

Yeah probably :hihi: :hihi:

It depends on what you see as the "better sides of sheffield" because i personally would rather live where i am rather than walkley, crookes or any other hectic place with row upon row of over looking houses and lack of privacy.

Yeah probably :hihi: :hihi:

It depends on what you see as the "better sides of sheffield" because i personally would rather live where i am rather than walkley, crookes or any other hectic place with row upon row of over looking houses and lack of privacy.

There will be no hectic goings on in the Mill just the odd visit from the refuse collectors refiilling the bins and parties of Darnall day-trippers seeking out an ice cream kiosk.