Water going hot/cold

Another boiler question (not corrected by my British gas boiler cover...)

We have the cover - all was well.

On the initial service all fine. After the service - hot water (whilst in showers) going hot cold. We have two mains showers - one in bathroom one in ensuite - both going hot and cold. Called British gas - they came out - hooked their computer to the boiler and said boiler working fine - it's the thermostat on the shower...is it? Both showers? I'm mad because the O/H was here when they came and he didn't take them to the either showers and show the cold/hot just ran the kitchen tap hot which was fine.

I was again in the shower this morning and it's going hot/cold. Why am I paying £17 per month to be told all is fine and it's not a boiler issue??? Advice appreciated - particularly as to what I say/show a gas engineer if I call them out again!

Many thanks!!!

try turning the shower on hot full power and let it run do the same on cold do you have good water pressure?

Boiler stat needs adjusting (lowering), as over-temp stat cutting in causing water to go cold, I bet when the water is hot it it VERY hot?

Boiler stat needs adjusting (lowering), as over-temp stat cutting in causing water to go cold, I bet when the water is hot it is VERY hot?

Knock the BG insurance on the head-and the £300 a year that you save would easily pay for the odd plumber to pop out and correct such problems.

Note the word 'pay' here, free advice is ok occassionally but there is a point when it becomes annoying :P

Had same problem on our combi boiler, turned out that heat exchanger was all blocked up, no flow so water got very hot then cut out.

£400 later all was well.....

Boiler stat needs adjusting (lowering), as over-temp stat cutting in causing water to go cold, I bet when the water is hot it it VERY hot?

Love you thank you!!! I've had my first hot shower in ages!!!

Knock the BG insurance on the head-and the £300 a year that you save would easily pay for the odd plumber to pop out and correct such problems.

Note the word 'pay' here, free advice is ok occassionally but there is a point when it becomes annoying :P

Thanks - I did the pay the "odd plumber" for a while and it became far too expensive (some sourced via this very forum (I wonder though how much the plumber would have charged me for this little job - i.e. turning down the thermostat) - hence the BG cover. If you've read my posts - this is the second question in a number of years.

I offer advice on SF when I can - where I feel I can help - I don't expect anything in return and don't comment on other people asking questions. So sorry if you feel my question are annoying - thank you for your advice - but I'll continue to pay for BG - and a plumber, electrician and alarm experts but I will always come back and ask fellow sheffielders for additional advice if I feel it necessary and thank goodness for posters like Crosser who are happy to spend a couple of minutes to help me take a hot shower!