Shoeshine a great dad! Another good forummer gone.

Ive already posted once on this thread, but I had to come back and say what a great character shoeshine was.:|

Shoeshine was one of the Forum's bright stars - his humanity, good sense, intelligence and humour shone through his many posts. Like several others on here, I had the pleasure of conversing with Peter by email, so got to know him a little as a person as well as a fine poster. RIP Shoeshine.

Thanks all for your lovely comments again. i dont think shoeshine realised how many friends he had. Again thank you very much. Shoeshines (peter my dad) funeral is on Thursday 1st March at rotherham crem (the one near mushroon garage) at 3.40pm anyone is welcome if they wish to attend :|

I've only just seen this thread. Very sad, my condolences to you and your family Rich.

Shoey was an eclectic chap, and sometimes when I had the mod hat on, like a slippery eel, but there was good grace behind it all.

Thats really sad, me and ya Dad got off on the wrong foot in the early days we had a ;lot of lets say heated "disagreements" but we became good forum pals.

He always had an opinion and so did I but we had some good chats on here over the years.....R.I.P Shoeshine

How the heck have I missed this thread?

So very, very sad to hear of Peter's passing. So many PMs between us, and so much to laugh about. Will miss the fella. RIP 'shoey' mate.

He was a 'one-off' Rich. Wish I'd met him in person.

Sorry didn't know you dad Rich as he seems to have been a great guy, just like to offer sincere condolences from myself and OH Sined15712. Brings back thoughts of another great guy sadly missed on here CDTi man (Wayne)

I'm so sad to hear about Shoeshine's passing. I enjoyed reading his entertaining posts.

I've not seen any of his posts for a while, but I remember him from years ago.

My thoughts with his family.

I was shocked to hear of shoeshine's death, he was so much a part of the forum and writer's group that I find it hard to believe he's not still part of it.

I think a measure of his success is to be seen in the names of forumer's who have made what seems to be a 'special appearance' to honour his passing.

RIP shoeshine

hazel

Thanks yet again everyone what wonderful comments about shoeshine (my dad) His funeral was today and everything thing went well, even the vicar made it a humorous sermon. Was really nice, RIP dad You will be missed XXXXXXX