Shoeshine a great dad! Another good forummer gone.

Deeply saddened to hear of shoeshines death. A great guy and a true gent that i spoke to often and one that I had the pleasure of calling my friend. He'll be very sadly missed, my condolences to all his family. SF has lost another good un'. RIP.x

How shoeshine loved the banter between dibsy and Jabberwocky. It made his day when those two were at it.

He was witty, kind, helpful, friendly, volatile and always stood his ground in an argument on SF.

" For what is a man, what has he got,

" If not himself, then he has not"

"To say the words, he truly feels "

"And not the words of one who kneels"

"The record shows, he took the blows

"and did it " HIS" way...................................... R.I.P. Shoeshine.

I've just found out about the loss of Shoeshine. He was one of my friends in the writers' Group.

I didn't know that so many of his family were also members on here.

I will miss him, but his family will miss him more. It may be some comfort that they will have many happier moments to remember than we outsiders.

RIP old friend.

God rest Shoeshine, you were one of a kind and will be sadly missed. Nan xxx

Deepest sympathy to all your family.

One of the great old timers in here. There seemed to be a lot more amusing threads and banter when I joined, and he was often part of it (or started it:))

RIP, and condolences to Mrs S, and family.

x

Edited by *_ash_*

Shoey? :cry:

I always enjoyed our chats on messenger, setting the world to rights without the clutter SF has picked up along the way. Civilised chats which seemed to exist in a different dimension

I've just dug up our message history... a brief exchange over 3 days punctuated by messenger crashing, promising each other we'll catch up soon :(

I loved his humour, and the depth to his postings (which the SF seems to have lost along the way), and was always slightly disappointed not to have found the time to be part of his writing group being up to my eyebrows with pets when the groups were first created

I miss you Shoey

You're going to leave as big a hole in your family as my grandad did when he left this world for a better place. I really feel for them

Goodnight xx

RIP to another fellow SF user

love out to the family.

Sorry to hear this, and condolences to the family and all who knew him better than I did. Seem to be saying this all too often at the moment. :(

Condolences to all of Shoeshine's family and friends. He was a great forumer and will always live fond in my memory for being the first person to take time out of their day to PM me. Rest in Piece.

This seems to be a common thread, the number of people he befriended either by PM, in the chatroom or MSN. His first ever PM to me was to discuss me taking a pair of Long Johns on holiday to Finland.

You don't miss people until they've gone. :(

So very sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family.

Your dad, together with Timo, was responsible for me joining the forum. Some of the exchanges between them were irresistible, and I felt the need to join in at some point. Within minutes, I had received a pm from Shoey welcoming me to the forum – a proper gentleman.

RIP Peter – you will be sorely missed.