Will you be watching the Olympics with pride?

I'll be there as a volunteer for the fencing events (no surprise there). As I'll be in the warm up area, which is where the athletes receive last minute advice and practice, I will get to see world class fencers being coached and be able to take any lessons learnt back to my clubs. Hopefully, I will then be able to pass on any tips and hints which will help my club mates improve.

For anyone who is interested in sport, and I don't mean those that simply sit on their sofas and watch sport on TV, this is an opportunity to see world class events. I just hope that the TV schedules are not taken up with the usual 'popular' events and devote at least some air time to some of the minority sports.

It would have been cheaper for us as a country to let someone else have the Olympics and fly you there to watch than it is to host the thing though. Not value for money.

It would have been cheaper for us as a country to let someone else have the Olympics and fly you there to watch than it is to host the thing though. Not value for money.

I appreciate that you think the Games are being hosted in Britain simply to facilitate my attendance but I assure you they aren't. :)

I appreciate that you think the Games are being hosted in Britain simply to facilitate my attendance but I assure you they aren't. :)

By 'you' I meant, by extension anyone else who might benefit in the same way. The Olympics are so mind-boggling expensive it'd be cheaper to do almost anything else.

For anyone who is interested in sport, and I don't mean those that simply sit on their sofas and watch sport on TV, this is an opportunity to see world class events. I just hope that the TV schedules are not taken up with the usual 'popular' events and devote at least some air time to some of the minority sports.

Its an opportunity but a costly one. We're talking a few hundred quid for your ticket, travel, accommodation. Probably need a mortgage for a burger and a drink in the venues.

Looking forward to the Womens Beach Volleyball.

Looking forward to the Womens Beach Volleyball.

Did you know there is, apparently, other stuff on the internet apart from Sheffield Forum?

I would rather stand on a stool,nail my eyelids to the ceiling,then kick the stool away,and swing.

I'd pay to see that, and some.

I will be watching but without pride im afraid. all these cut backs and there spending millions on the olympics, its already double its original budget and could double again yet. I also remember booking tickets for the world student games in sheffield, the only tickets that were left were the cheap ones, in seats with no view. when i got there all the expensive seats were empty so i moved seats to a good one. I found out later the reason they were empty was because they were all reserved for the council and the developers. None of them turned up.

The same happened at a yorkshire cricket night match a few months later. I feel sorry for the ones going to watch the olympics they will have had to go second best because the decent seats will be reserved.

I do say though that lets not bring politics into sport and i hope all the english athletes all do well, youve got to remember it doesnt matter where the olympics are held the athletes still have to train the same in that effort for a gold.

I won't watch much of it for the same reason that I don't watch much of Wimbledon - we won't actually WIN a great deal. The same applies to the football World Cup, I watch every game I can regardless of who is playing until we get knocked out. After that I don't watch it anymore and don't care who wins.

Will you be watching the Olympics with pride?

The last Olympics barely registered with me so no, I probably won't see anything of this one either.

It's going to be harder to avoid this time around due to it being located in London, but I'll give it my best shot. :D

Hopefully it will go off without incident.

They can laugh all they like.

WE have the olympics:P:D

That's why they're laughing, especially the French.

"Mon bloomin' dieu, we nearly got lumbered with that".

...It's going to be harder to avoid this time around due to it being located in London, but I'll give it my best shot. :D

Hopefully it will go off without incident.

I won't be watching the Olympics - and I won't be in the UK when it's on.

This time last year, the World Alpine Skiing Championships were being held where I was. It was a good time to be 'somewhere else' - so I went to Florida.:hihi: