Will you be watching the Olympics with pride?

i will be watching the adverts because everyone that is being shown now is an official sponsor and there are a few http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sponsors+of+the+olympics&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=7Y07T_-0D4GR0AW0tt1s&sqi=2&ved=0CF8QsAQ&biw=1600&bih=796

I don't understand your post at all! Why will you be watching the adverts?

I really enjoyed the last Olympics but I haven't got a digital tv so not sure if I will see it.

I may flick through it out of curiosity or watch the odd event, but I think Ill be watching a lot of the Discovery channel until its over.

I didn't want it anyhow to be honest.

Ill watch it on the news if someone blows themselves up though, I imagine people will have been planning to disrupt the games here even before it was confirmed we would get it.

The Olympics / European Athletics / Commonwealth Games etc seem to have lost their appeal over recent years. The stadiums are either virtually empty or full of school kids with free tickets and corporate hospitality folk. They arent the proud celebrations they once were. Lets face it, who gives a toss who can throw a metal ball the furthest, or jump really far.

I might watch the opening ceremony and the 100m final. Other than that the events are largely dull as dishwater.

Of course whatever the outcome, they'll be hailed as a major success and the best ever games. And Seb Coe et al will be hailed as Gods. And maybe receive large bonuses.

I'd go so far as to say i really really hope they are the biggest flop ever so the people promoting this for their own vanity and employment are forced to accept they cocked up big time and cost this country billions at exactly the time we need every penny for worthwhile causes.

Edited by GodStar

Absolute total scandal. Initial costs of 2.5bn risen to 9.0bn ... just to watch people chuck pointy sticks, run round in circles and have a swim!

Still, 'Lord' Coe seems pretty happy to bring London to a standstill for a fortnight, closing down roads just so the dignitaries and drug testers (his words) can get to the event in the fleet of 3,000 chauffeur driven BMW's from their free 4 star hotels. Sod anyone wanting to do an honest days work! Nice to see that Seb's made millions out of this charade though. Corruption is rife!

No wonder the rest of Europe's laughing at us. :loopy:

Hit the nail right on the head there Alcoblog :thumbsup:

Hit the nail right on the head there Alcoblog :thumbsup:

I know ... I'm the voice of reason. :)

I would rather stand on a stool,nail my eyelids to the ceiling,then kick the stool away,and swing.

This is a total waste of money! A spectacle paid for by us all,but enjoyed only for the few with money,and so-called dignitaries from around the world.

It stinks!

I would rather stand on a stool,nail my eyelids to the ceiling,then kick the stool away,and swing.

This is a total waste of money! A spectacle paid for by us all,but enjoyed only for the few with money,and so-called dignitaries from around the world.

It stinks!

I'd watch that! Where and when are you doing this? :hihi:

I'd watch that! Where and when are you doing this? :hihi:

It's part of my "alternative" olympics.

Are you a sadists?

Betcha want to come round and flog me while i swing.:D

I'll be there as a volunteer for the fencing events (no surprise there). As I'll be in the warm up area, which is where the athletes receive last minute advice and practice, I will get to see world class fencers being coached and be able to take any lessons learnt back to my clubs. Hopefully, I will then be able to pass on any tips and hints which will help my club mates improve.

For anyone who is interested in sport, and I don't mean those that simply sit on their sofas and watch sport on TV, this is an opportunity to see world class events. I just hope that the TV schedules are not taken up with the usual 'popular' events and devote at least some air time to some of the minority sports.