Majority of people are on some sort of benefit.

9/10 for being a sycophantic pedant ;)

You'd think they'd a ":kiss:" icon!

Ho Hum, another week, another thread bitching about benefit claimants! :rant::loopy:

People will ALWAYS claim what they are entitled to, and if the Daily Fail don't like it they can lump it! :D

and people will always claim what they are not entitled too at the same time Rich, If they can get away with it. Which is why we have the benefits fraud squad.

9/10 for being a sycophantic pedant ;)

thats a new word to me whats it mean?

colloquially; sycophantic pedant = arse licker jobsworth

colloquially; sycophantic pedant = arse licker jobsworth

But I haven't got a job, I'm a dirty rotten scrounging pension drawer, I've also got a nice detached house in a decent area paid for, who's arse am I licking my young Leninist friend? :huh:

Dunno ? just sounded good :hihi:

But I haven't got a job, I'm a dirty rotten scrounging pension drawer, I've also got a nice detached house in a decent area paid for, who's arse am I licking my young Leninist friend? :huh:

You haven't got room on your drive for "Occupy Sheffield" have you ? :hihi:

You haven't got room on your drive for "Occupy Sheffield" have you ? :hihi:

No mate, the BMW X3 and AUDI A3 sleep there. :rolleyes:

I agree, most working folk get working tax credits which must cost HMRC an absolute fortune to administer, why not just alter the tax codes and tax less in the first place?

Hahahahahahahahahaha, dont be daft, that makes far too much sense.

When are the new tax rates coming in that are supposed to make up for Gordon Brown's abolition of the 10p tax band?

There are many people who don't claim the benefits they are entitled to because they are not told about them. I forget the actual figure but think it was getting on for a £billion in unclaimed benefits and allowances.

I'll see if I can find the figure.

A: I've no idea if your figures are correct, but I've been making the point for ages that governments manipulate statistics to create whatever impression they want, and with the collusion of the media, stir up hate campaigns against vulnerable sections of society.

B: At the moment they want people to think that a)benefits are too generous (they're not) and b)claiments are all a bunch of lazy scrounging layabouts that are draining the economy dry (they're not.)

If the bold A is your stance, then how can you claim (no pun) that B is correct?

Ho Hum, another week, another thread bitching about benefit claimants! :rant::loopy:

People will ALWAYS claim what they are entitled to, and if the Daily Fail don't like it they can lump it! :D

When you pay between 30-40% of your income out without any choice, then I think you have a right to form opinions to how it is spent. Perhaps one day tax-payers will find a way of not paying anything, then others will have to lump it (and perhaps all of us will have to lump it) :D