Holme Lane, Hillsborough Bus/Tram Lane - 24hr restrictions - tickets!

LOL! road sign is pretty clear (which you should be aware of if driving with due care and attention), as is info on council website :hihi:

Where is the road sign as I didn't see anything that was clear especially on a busy saturday when the traffic is bad. I don't think there was anything on the junction itself and would still say it's a mite confusing for anyone visiting the area.

There is another thread on here regarding this ,, it as been restricted for years ever since the trams started running

Where is the road sign as I didn't see anything that was clear especially on a busy saturday when the traffic is bad. I don't think there was anything on the junction itself and would still say it's a mite confusing for anyone visiting the area.

My bold

Even less of an excuse then, LOL!

There you go, in the middle of the picture... bearing in mind this picture was taken by a vehicle travelling on the opposite side of the road to the sign, it's still clear! :D

In reality you're actually alot nearer when driving towards the sign, and have plenty of opportunity to notice it, "especially on a busy saturday when the traffic is bad", and crawling at a snails pace, unless of course you aren't driving with due care and attention...

Just so Cresta and Damo are clear, my reason for the post was to help make other people aware of the fact that the bus/tram gate on Holme Lane was 24hrs.

Once I found out, I was surprised how many others were also unaware, hence my post.

The signs on Middlewood Road/Langsett are quite clear, my mistake was to think it covered all of Hillsborough corner.

Yes Damo, I did reasearch the website after I received my notice, then I saw the PDF map attachment after thinking I was in the clear due to the webpage information. My message was that it could be alot clearer.

On the other hand Damo, you seem to have researched it far too much! I am new (today) to the Forum, unlike yourself, who seems to treat it like Facebook!!

Even if you miss the sign how can you miss the the green road surface with in large letters "BUS GATE" painted on it?

A couple of years ago when the tram gate cameras were activated, there were a number of orange warning signs on all the roads approaching Hillsborough corner. The signs were warning motorists of the cameras. The signs were changed when the restrictions were changed to allow vehicles through off peak (11am to 3pm etc). There was one of these signs on Holme Lane adjacent to the Malin Bridge Tram stop for motorists driving towards Hillsborough Corner. At the time I assumed that, because of the location of this signage, that it was OK to turn left into Langsett Road during the off-peak times. These signs have now been removed, although the posts are still there. Thankfully I never had cause to turn right at HC, however if I did and subsequently received a ticket I would have been a bit peeved. I would have not paid the ticket as I believe that mixed messages had been sent out previously. I would have asked a Court to decide. I think the OP should do the same.

So, at 2am in the morning when there are no buses or trams running, why the restrictions?? they're cynically praying on most peoples natural assumption that there will be no restrictions at that time and so go through it.

So, at 2am in the morning when there are no buses or trams running, why the restrictions?? they're cynically praying on most peoples natural assumption that there will be no restrictions at that time and so go through it.

you're unlikely to get a ticket. I believe that the offence has to be 'seen' by the CCTV operator, It's not an automated system. I dont think they actually work at that time.

Just so Cresta and Damo are clear, my reason for the post was to help make other people aware of the fact that the bus/tram gate on Holme Lane was 24hrs.

Once I found out, I was surprised how many others were also unaware, hence my post.

The signs on Middlewood Road/Langsett are quite clear, my mistake was to think it covered all of Hillsborough corner.

Yes Damo, I did reasearch the website after I received my notice, then I saw the PDF map attachment after thinking I was in the clear due to the webpage information. My message was that it could be alot clearer.

On the other hand Damo, you seem to have researched it far too much! I am new (today) to the Forum, unlike yourself, who seems to treat it like Facebook!!

You think just under 4k posts in over seven years is a lot?

Get a grip.

Uh huh. So I suppose as you were driving along Holme ln, past Towsure (as stated in your OP), worryingly, you missed this sign as well, also quite clear. Or perhaps you just don't understand the highway code? FYI, that sign is showing you what vehicles are allowed through the bus gate, also, a bus lane which states ‘At any time’ or has no hours of operation on the sign operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

A couple of years ago when the tram gate cameras were activated, there were a number of orange warning signs on all the roads approaching Hillsborough corner. The signs were warning motorists of the cameras. The signs were changed when the restrictions were changed to allow vehicles through off peak (11am to 3pm etc). There was one of these signs on Holme Lane adjacent to the Malin Bridge Tram stop for motorists driving towards Hillsborough Corner. At the time I assumed that, because of the location of this signage, that it was OK to turn left into Langsett Road during the off-peak times. These signs have now been removed, although the posts are still there. Thankfully I never had cause to turn right at HC, however if I did and subsequently received a ticket I would have been a bit peeved. I would have not paid the ticket as I believe that mixed messages had been sent out previously. I would have asked a Court to decide. I think the OP should do the same.

Just, no.

My bold

Even less of an excuse then, LOL!

There you go, in the middle of the picture... bearing in mind this picture was taken by a vehicle travelling on the opposite side of the road to the sign, it's still clear! :D

In reality you're actually alot nearer when driving towards the sign, and have plenty of opportunity to notice it, "especially on a busy saturday when the traffic is bad", and crawling at a snails pace, unless of course you aren't driving with due care and attention...

You pinched my sign...:o:cry:

You pinched my sign...:o:cry:

LOL, so i did, sorry! Perhaps i should keep it, that way the OP could appeal their fine and say they definately didn't notice it... :rolleyes: