Anybody know where polish community is in Sheffield?

they have gone already. i just been there, it seems they moved long time ago

Sorry I couldn't help.

It is a shame the club shut down.

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/polish_club_shuts_its_doors_after_50_years_1_442779

Ironically the centre has closed at a time when the number of Poles in Sheffield is at its highest ever level, around 20,000 having arrived in the recent waves of immigration.

Try Polonium, the Polish shop:

300 London Road, Sheffield S2 4NA, 0114 2508989.

Try Polonium, the Polish shop:

300 London Road, Sheffield S2 4NA, 0114 2508989.

You just beat me to it, also Conrad Kempka's butchers, almost opposite Abbeydale cinema, although of Ukranian parentage, he stocks loads of Polish food, he's a bloody good butcher and a very nice guy.

Racist comment here!!!!

Poles are white so racist is the wrong word - xenophobic at worst, but not racist.

Who did they replace? The Irish who replaced the Geordies after they'd gone to West Germany to film Auf Wiedersehen, Pet?

Economic migrants from places like Poland are a dream for the "business/capital class", they are prepared to work for less and so they are keeping wages low in this country. Why the left and the trade union movement embraces immigration into this country is beyond me.

\\\\\it was a joke mate, there is always someone throwing it into forum posts. S2 is just an ignorant git!

Poles are white so racist is the wrong word - xenophobic at worst, but not racist.

i was told by my friend that we had a polish pub in ecclesall road. it seems dispeared now. anybody know where their community is now ?

A polish club! werabouts is it my Mrs is a bloody expert.

There must be some kind of Polish community around the Northern General Hospital, as I've noticed a few Polish grocers on Barnsley Road on the way back towards town. I'm pretty sure the Polish Millennium club on Ecclesall Road is still going strong as well.

Try the job center...oh wait

The (Sad?) reality is that you will find that many of them have gone back home, to look for work in a country where they are familiar with the language and customs!

Also, Germany is booming, so many have headed there: after all the Huns owe the Poles one or two after what happened sometime around 1939:hihi:

Definition: Race is a classification system used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by heritable phenotypic characteristics, geographic ancestry, physical appearance, and ethnicity.

So it isn't the wrong word...

An Englishman calling a Scot 'jock', or an Irishman 'paddy' or a Welshman 'taffy' is racist...

Definition: Race is a classification system used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by heritable phenotypic characteristics, geographic ancestry, physical appearance, and ethnicity.

So it isn't the wrong word...

An Englishman calling a Scot 'jock', or an Irishman 'paddy' or a Welshman 'taffy' is racist...

Are the Americans being racist when they call the English Limeys?