Need info on Middlewood hospital for poss script

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me

I'm a director working on a possible future project regarding Middlewood hospital.

I'm originally from Sheffield and at the age of 10 I was taken to the hospital to visit a friend of the family who was committed there, once there i lost my parents and wondered around the corridors , until i was found. As you can imagine it was quite a traumatising event, which i never forgot, and further more all this took place in the winter around 5 o'clock.

I've been doing some research , regarding a script I am working on and would very much appreciate any info, contact you can give me.

I'm trying to find jpegs,history and anything else that may be of help.

You can contact me on at this e-mail address

Many thanks

Hope to hear from you soon

Vik

Hi Vik

my mum was born and bred living in one of the old aslymn houses as they were known .My Grandad was an ambulance driver there for over 30 years he told us right tales .

If you do a search on Middlewood you will find an extensive thread on SF.:thumbsup:

First time on the forum so bear with me. I spent part of my training there and possess a copy of the publication, 'The Middlewood Hospital Sheffield,one hundred years 1872-1972.

I understand this is now out of print.

Sorry about delay, as said earlier I have access to the book mentioned. What exactly can I help you with?. As a point of interest my student intake group was I believe the last Registered Mental Nurse intake trained there prior to Project 2000.

I trained at Middlewood 86-89. A friend of mine has written an excellent short story based around visits to her Mother who was an inpatient at a hospital which although not specifically Middlewood certainly to me (as one who knows) really conveys the atmosphere strikingly well.(I'd have to ask her permission to let you see this) If you need some background on general stuff, anecdotes,and the "feel" of the place , then I'd be very pleased to help out. PM me if you are interested.

Halibut.