Sheffield church with lots of steps

I've recently come by some old wedding photos from approximately the 1940s, with my late aunt as a bridesmaid to an unidentified couple. It is most probably a Sheffield church in the background but its only identifiable feature is that there are loads of steps up to it, the photos being taken at the bottom. Has anyone got any suggestions? My aunt lived in the Firth Park area and her name was Muriel (Rawson) Crookes.

All Saints church that used to be on Lyons Street (Pitsmoor) had lots of steps up to it too. Is it possible to post the pic onto here?

Can't think of any other church that had steeper steps than the one top of South Road . I don't mean St Marys on South Rd, it's the one further up on the hill, don't know the name

Edited by poppins

Thanks everyone. I think the steps look too old for St Leonards, which is where I was baptized. Unless it's been rebuilt of course. What's the church called on South Street?

Please could someone tell me how I can post the photo when it isn't on a website to link to? My skills are only basic!

Edited by mandyjf
mistakes

Thanks everyone. I think the steps look too old for St Leonards, which is where I was baptized. Unless it's been rebuilt of course. What's the church called on South Street?

Please could someone tell me how I can post the photo when it isn't on a website to link to? My skills are only basic!

Do you have a printer with a scanner?

Or if not take a photo of the photo then upload it?

I've recently come by some old wedding photos from approximately the 1940s, with my late aunt as a bridesmaid to an unidentified couple. It is most probably a Sheffield church in the background but its only identifiable feature is that there are loads of steps up to it, the photos being taken at the bottom. Has anyone got any suggestions? My aunt lived in the Firth Park area and her name was Muriel (Rawson) Crookes.

there used to be a Weslyn church on Attercliffe common,where the post office is now that use to have loads of steps up to it .I went to sunday school there and band of hope on Weds nights with sally army when i was younger

The Wesleyan chapel is pictured on here, if its the right one :)

no its not that church on Bodmin st it was on attercliffe common across from zion lane it was pulled down by jimmy childs demolishon co, and where post office stands now, at the back of the post office is a lane called chapel lane

It's highly unlikely that those are the front steps to the church - they're to small for starters, and you just wouldn't build a church that didn't have more adequate access. They look like steps to either a side door or the church hall

Given the above, what you're probably REALLY looking for is a church with no front steps at all, the side steps having been used to gain the height specifically for the photo taking

If you can look at the marriage certificate, it will tell you the name of the church.