Bus lane cameras

http://eurealist.co.uk/bill-of-rights-circular-sent-to-all-local-authorities/[/url]

---------- Post added 20-08-2013 at 19:04 ----------

http://www.bwmaonline.com/Legal%20-%20New%20doubts%20-%20Thoburn%20conviction.htm

---------- Post added 20-08-2013 at 19:08 ----------

http://eurealist.co.uk/bill-of-rights-circular-sent-to-all-local-authorities/

---------- Post added 20-08-2013 at 19:10 ----------

contest these illegal PCN's and show the council you are not being sheep anymore

IF someone manages to put up a successful legal challenge based on this idea, it won't stop Council's from fining people for contravening traffic regulations - they'll just take the culprits to court and fine them that way.

Until the relevant bits of the Bill of Rights get repealed anyway.

IF someone manages to put up a successful legal challenge based on this idea, it won't stop Council's from fining people for contravening traffic regulations - they'll just take the culprits to court and fine them that way.

Until the relevant bits of the Bill of Rights get repealed anyway.

That maybe the case but at least at court you get chance to put some form of defense up !

That maybe the case but at least at court you get chance to put some form of defense up !

You already have that option - simply don't pay the fine and you'll get your day in court. The current method means you don't have to pay for the court time when it's the normal open & shut cases which you'd have no chance of winning anyway.

You're advocating a method which will cost more, take more time and involve more stress without altering the outcome or avoiding the penalty for the vast majority of cases.

You already have that option - simply don't pay the fine and you'll get your day in court. The current method means you don't have to pay for the court time when it's the normal open & shut cases which you'd have no chance of winning anyway.

You're advocating a method which will cost more, take more time and involve more stress without altering the outcome or avoiding the penalty for the vast majority of cases.

Personally i disagree with you and it need not cost anything but time and effort and when one wins a case then one can also ask for payment for said time and effort... watch this space for in time i shall take this all the way and am already in process of doing so. The law is the law and the bill of rights are our rights. Till there is a penalty imposed on these councils implementing these illegal PCN's you are correct in your way of thinking and that my friend is exactly what they want you to think......

Personally i disagree with you and it need not cost anything but time and effort and when one wins a case then one can also ask for payment for said time and effort...

Indeed, but without the ability for the Government to fine people directly, the vast majority of these cases will not be winning, and would therefore find themselves liable for the council and court's time & effort.

watch this space for in time i shall take this all the way and am already in process of doing so. The law is the law and the bill of rights are our rights.

Good for you. I wish you luck - I think you'll be needing it.

Indeed, but without the ability for the Government to fine people directly, the vast majority of these cases will not be winning, and would therefore find themselves liable for the council and court's time & effort.

Good for you. I wish you luck - I think you'll be needing it.

:D Thanks for that

My son went through the bus gate at Hillsborough as he was not sure of the layout and ended up getting a penalty charge notice through the post. On closer inspection we noticed that it said the location was Middlewood Road which we knew is wasn't. We tried to appeal online as it states on the letter but when we put the penalty charge number in it would not recognise it. In the end he paid the fine (while it was still £30) but also appealed by letter. He got a letter back stating they had put the wrong location on the charge notice and had cancelled the charge and sent him a cheque back.

You can see the letters Here and Here

So if you get a ticket check the location on the notice

Very useful kidneystone as i have just received exact same letter and it still states Middlewood Road. My gripe was that I thought that you could use these lanes between 11am and 3.30pm and according to the time on the camera/photo i was snapped at 10.59!!

Nevertheless I shall be following your example as well as checking the rules for this area so i dont get caught out again x

Very useful kidneystone as i have just received exact same letter and it still states Middlewood Road. My gripe was that I thought that you could use these lanes between 11am and 3.30pm and according to the time on the camera/photo i was snapped at 10.59!!

Nevertheless I shall be following your example as well as checking the rules for this area so i dont get caught out again x

Good luck to you. I advise you to appeal before paying, although my son got his money back without a problem.

You are quite welcome to use his letter as an example as to why you should not have to pay this penalty.

Edited by kidneystone

under the bill of rights act

any demands for payments in the form of a fine or forfeiture without a court case is illegal and void. I like others have been conned for yr by our council and am now going into legal battle with them

Unlikely to win, but keep us posted:

http://www.trafficpenaltytribunal.gov.uk/downloads/Bill_of_Rights_Act_1689.pdf

Hi partypixie. Just wondering how you got on with your appeal. Was it successful?

yep my fella got £30 fine at hills brough