Bus lane cameras

Got a letter saying had entered bus lane London Rd (Near Staples) but it was only a warning so very pleased

Then got another letter saying I had entered bus lane at London Rd (Queens Rd) and have to pay fine??

I find these bus lanes very confusing

Personally i disagree with you and it need not cost anything but time and effort and when one wins a case then one can also ask for payment for said time and effort... watch this space for in time i shall take this all the way and am already in process of doing so. The law is the law and the bill of rights are our rights. Till there is a penalty imposed on these councils implementing these illegal PCN's you are correct in your way of thinking and that my friend is exactly what they want you to think......

How did you get on with your defence out of curiosity? I don't actually see what the defence is but I'm curious as to how it went.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Got a letter saying had entered bus lane London Rd (Near Staples) but it was only a warning so very pleased

Then got another letter saying I had entered bus lane at London Rd (Queens Rd) and have to pay fine??

The one near staples has only recently started to be enforced, so they generally give out warning notices for he first few weeks of operation.

The one at Queens Rd has been enforced for several years, so you get a penalty, not a warning notice from that one.

Can anyone explain what is happening to London Rd (nearest to town ) bus lane

(near Waitrose petrol) Is it now just a bus lane??

That is worrying....

Whilst driving around do you also find other lane markings and traffic flows very confusing?

---------- Post added 20-04-2014 at 12:45 ----------

Can anyone explain what is happening to London Rd (nearest to town ) bus lane

(near Waitrose petrol) Is it now just a bus lane??

Given that the signs are bus only - and instructional signs, not advisory signs - then yes, the road is bus only. All the cars, motorcycles and bicycles heading merrily down there, should not be doing so - although I will concede that for a major route, a lack of clear diversion or advance warning until you reach the lane closure and "Bus only" sign is very poor and from observation when walking past yesterday led to the undesirable state of affairs of people having to make snap decisions. Not what you want at a busy crossroads with pedestrian traffic and no pedestrian lights.

I assume you mean the bit from the Boston Street junction to the very end of London Road, but as I understand it is purely whilst there are repair works to the pedestrian underpass over the weekend

Edited by Squiggs

I wonder if there are any figures to how many the Wicker catches?

Almost every time I go through it, someone either in front or behind me going through it. It must make a fair few quid.

I have had a fine on Bolsover Street as a result of cutting into the bus lane in the last few yards to turn left after queuing for some while in the RH lane.

My main issue is the confusion caused by bus lanes which are in a time/ day limit and those which are 100% bus lanes.

As a result many drivers play it safe by never venturing into the bus lanes even when allowed.

This only adds to the irritating habit of RH lane drivers .

I have had a fine on Bolsover Street as a result of cutting into the bus lane in the last few yards to turn left after queuing for some while in the RH lane.

Depends what you call "last few yards"

They wouldn't generally ticket you on a manually observed camera if you cut in say up to 20m from the end of the restriction.

The camera on Bolsover St is automatic, it's about 60m from the end of the restriction, so you must have cut into the lane a lot further back than the "last few yards".

Compared to the queuing traffic which was way up to Mushroom Lane,I think I showed remarkable patience but lapsed in the last few metres.

Frustration is inevitable when the Bus Lane is totally free of buses or taxis.

Another triumph for the planners.the only bus on this route is the 95 which has the privilege of an empty lane............and then has to go int the right hand lane to enter the roundabout.

Ridiculous.

I wonder if there are any figures to how many the Wicker catches?

Almost every time I go through it, someone either in front or behind me going through it. It must make a fair few quid.

I got a letter through the post yesterday after going through the bus 'traps' at Wicker. The road is very confusing there, you can either turn off onto a side street and head off in a completely different direction to the one I know I need to be heading in, or I can carry on along the main carriageway in the direction I need to go.

I wouldn't mind if it was intentional, but not being overly familiar with driving trough Sheffield (I was at Uni in Sheffield but didn't drive at the time), I simply did not notice the buses only restriction.

In fact, looking at the map of the area, I simply cannot work out how you are supposed to get under the A61 without going through this bus trap.

I don't suppose I've got any chance of appealing this?

I got a letter through the post yesterday after going through the bus 'traps' at Wicker. The road is very confusing there, you can either turn off onto a side street and head off in a completely different direction to the one I know I need to be heading in, or I can carry on along the main carriageway in the direction I need to go.

I wouldn't mind if it was intentional, but not being overly familiar with driving trough Sheffield (I was at Uni in Sheffield but didn't drive at the time), I simply did not notice the buses only restriction.

In fact, looking at the map of the area, I simply cannot work out how you are supposed to get under the A61 without going through this bus trap.

I don't suppose I've got any chance of appealing this?

Well, no, you haven't. The signage is more than adequate.

What do you mean, get "under" the A61? Where was you coming from and where were you trying to get to?

---------- Post added 02-05-2014 at 13:19 ----------

Assuming you were coming from the Ladys Bridge area and trying to get to the near where the big Tesco is:

x5wqoi.jpg

Red is the illegal route you must have taken. Purple is the route I would suggest.

Your location says Leicestershire, assuming you were trying to get back home you should have gone to the Park Square Roundabout really which it just off this map.

Edited by No User Name

Well, no, you haven't. The signage is more than adequate.

What do you mean, get "under" the A61? Where was you coming from and where were you trying to get to?

---------- Post added 02-05-2014 at 13:19 ----------

Assuming you were coming from the Ladys Bridge area and trying to get to the near where the big Tesco is:

x5wqoi.jpg

Red is the illegal route you must have taken. Purple is the route I would suggest.

Your location says Leicestershire, assuming you were trying to get back home you should have gone to the Park Square Roundabout really which it just off this map.

I was actually coming from the Holiday Inn and heading up to Meadowhall. I knew the general direction I needed to travel in from when I walked it (yes, I did say 'walked') when I lived in Sheffield.

From studying that map you posted, I can't believe I managed to go wrong, how obvious that is when you're so unfamiliar driving through Sheffield!! :rolleyes: