Any one remember -Jive Turkey -

Not lived in sheffield for nearly 13 years now, but still have familly there, so still visit

does anybody remember jive turkey at the city hall, if so does anybody have pics...

I remember that all we used to do is go to the leadmill ( sumer of love 2) jive turkey and oh yes Fannys...now can any body remember that

also does any body know Desi , and where he may have got too.

god eighties house music was great

or was it????

Do you still have you're red menbership card with bugs bunny on it?

is this where rotherham hit pop combo "jive bunny" got their name?

HOUSE NATION , HOUSE NATION , HOUSE NATION , HOUSE NATION .........................

Originally posted by pete_fcs

is this where rotherham hit pop combo "jive bunny" got their name?

They might have got the idea from Jive Turkey Pete, but the two entities had nowt in common!

In a world in which truly great club nights seemed few and far between, Jive Turkey saw coach loads coming over from Manchester, Leeds and Nottingham every month. One of Parrot and Winston's pioneering house nights, it's always been my belief that they broke house over in Sheffield before the Hacienda got in on the act.

It was quite a dressy occasion, had a very healthy inter-racial mix, and always featured people who could REALLY dance - the kind of all-purpose generic rave dancing hadn't yet taken root. Jive Turkey's heyday was pre-acid house after all.

Originally posted by Damon

They might have got the idea from Jive Turkey Pete, but the two entities had nowt in common!

In a world in which truly great club nights seemed few and far between, Jive Turkey saw coach loads coming over from Manchester, Leeds and Nottingham every month. One of Parrot and Winston's pioneering house nights, it's always been my belief that they broke house over in Sheffield before the Hacienda got in on the act.

It was quite a dressy occasion, had a very healthy inter-racial mix, and always featured people who could REALLY dance - the kind of all-purpose generic rave dancing hadn't yet taken root. Jive Turkey's heyday was pre-acid house after all.

Spot on!

I've still got my Red membership card!

My cousins/friends used to travel from London, Birmingham and Bristol too.

My brother's even got the 'local tv report' on video when either Look North or Calendar came to see what all the fuss was about!

I was fortunate to be at the right age, when house music broke!

Remember the "Steamer" at the Leadmill on a Wednesday Night with Graeme Park for 80p?

Halcyon nights indeed!:thumbsup:

bloody hell...i do have the membership card, and your right it was a very multi cultural group of people, took it for granted at the time, but i suppose that was quite unique, and there was some great dancers, all that jazz dancing trip stuff....to the tune of piano house. I remember really making an effort in clothers when going there...unlike the leadmill where you would just turn up...still graet though

you've got to get a copy of the look north report transferrd into real player or quicktime....pure gold

if so give us a shout

if any help i work in the TV industry

Originally posted by Damon

.....One of Parrot and Winston's pioneering house nights......

this'll be the dj parrott then, of all seeing i? i gave their keyboardist dean all their best ideas! :thumbsup:

booch you must have been signing on it was £1.20for workers at the leadmill 80p ub40