Three Valleys Beer & Cider Festival - Sat 2nd June 2012

Thanks for the info DT, if the weather stays fine walking between the pubs sounds an ideal option.

We had the Enigma at last seasons Three Valleys and it was our favourite beer of the day, so with that and the Prince Igor we'll have enough to go at in the Three Tuns.

Regards

Doom

Yes, these are both good beers imo. I like the stronger beers anyhow, which is probably why I find a number of the Spire beers a bit bland as they are around the 4% mark. Of the lighter ones, Deepdale Pale and Land of Hop & glory are nice brews as well.

They also have Barlow Brewery beers in there which are pretty good as well.

I'm forgoing a long weekend in the sun for this- so I hope there's lots of cider.

Anyhoo, it will give me practice for my hols in Faliraki. :)

Bring on the Booze!!

I'm forgoing a long weekend in the sun for this- so I hope there's lots of cider.

Anyhoo, it will give me practice for my hols in Faliraki. :)

Bring on the Booze!!

On the cider front watch out for the local loopy juice made at Woodthorpe Hall in Holmesfield, this will be available in the Coach & Horses, Horns Inn and Castle Inn. Its actually quite tasty and drinkable with a natural sparkle but weighs in at 12% ABV ish.

Mr Whitehead's Apple & Pear Cider is quite nice and will appear in the Horns Inn.

The Coach & Horses, apart from the Woodthorpe Hall stuff will have Ross on Wye Cider.

Should be a large selection to go at in the Three Tuns and Hearty Oak and two or three at the Dronfield Arms.

Looking forward to this. Can you guarantee that it'll be sunny?

Personally, I`m looking forward to trying more Raw ales and seeking out some Buxton.

News from the Cricket Inn- the beers.

The Cricket Inn will be showcasing Thornbridge Brewery

Bar 1 - regular cask beers

Wild Swan (aka Cricketers Ale)

Lord Marples

Kipling

Jaipur IPA

Bar 2 - special cask beers on rotation

Topaz

Doc Fest

Sequoia

Brother Rabbit

Outside bar - craft keg

Tzara lager

Versa White Bier

Chiron American Ale

Jaipur IPA

Any news on the Miners or the Jolly Farmer beer lists?....One of those maybe our first port of call before getting the bus to the Three Tuns.

Regards

Doom

Any news on the Miners or the Jolly Farmer beer lists?....One of those maybe our first port of call before getting the bus to the Three Tuns.

Regards

Doom

Neither have been forthcoming although the Jolly Farmer will be mainly Kelham Island beers and they should hopefully be holding a meet the brewer session at some point during the afternoon.

Miners is normally old favourites from the Punch Taverns list such as Timothy Taylors Landlord but they add an extra pump and put a surprise guest on.

The main attraction at the Miners is they will be serving bar meals all day, so if you want somewhere civilised to sit down and have substantial food at a reasonable price, drop in there.

Personally, I`m looking forward to trying more Raw ales and seeking out some Buxton.

Yes, should be a good line up of RAW beers at the Horns. Already seen a festival set up photo on Facebook, a temporary bar supplied by RAW has been set up in what is normally the pool table room.

Looking forward to this. Can you guarantee that it'll be sunny?

Sadly I don't have the power of god but the current weather forecast for Saturday in Dronfield is cloudy and dry, about 14c.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650967

Sadly I don't have the power of god but the current weather forecast for Saturday in Dronfield is cloudy and dry, about 14c.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650967

I can't make it Andy, but on behalf of those that can, thanks for all your time and effort. Cheers!!