Tofts Lane Tresspasser

A women was seen on private land this morning that is actually a construction site at present on Tofts lane, she was taking photographs and when questioned as to what she was doing on private land, tried to deny she had been on it. I saw her with my own eyes. I suspect she is part of the Rivelin Valley conservation group who have a habit of sticking their unwanted noses into the business of the property owners of Tofts lane. She has been reported for tresspassing and legal action will be taken upon any one attemting the same trick.

A very angry property owner on Tofts Lane

Where is the construction taking place? I live just down the road and hadn't noticed anything recently. Nosey nimby's no doubt...

There is very little you can do, if no damage was done, as that form of trespass is civil only, and any legal damages are directly related to damages suffered.

Thank you, I do know the law, it does not however give people permission to start walking onto land which is barricaded off without consent from the owner of that land

Where is the construction taking place? I live just down the road and hadn't noticed anything recently. Nosey nimby's no doubt...

What used to be Bens house, on the corner. NOsey nimbo will get herself into trouble, dam cheek of this person, I mean who does she think she is!!

What used to be Bens house, on the corner. NOsey nimbo will get herself into trouble, dam cheek of this person, I mean who does she think she is!!

Why should she get into trouble just for taking a few photographs?

Provided that she's only taking photos and not causing any damage to the property in question then what's the issue ?

IMO the only reason that someone would have an issue about it would be someone who has something to hide.

Provided that she's only taking photos and not causing any damage to the property in question then what's the issue ?

IMO the only reason that someone would have an issue about it would be someone who has something to hide.

The issue is she has no right to walk onto private land and take photographs. For those of you on here who cannot understand that point, provide us with your home address, we will come and walk on uninvited to your land and take photos of your property. This is a construction site, the reason will be to form a complaint to the council, but as the owner is now pre warned and the planning people know exactly the situation and are happy with the situation, what business is it of hers or any one else

Why should she get into trouble just for taking a few photographs?

Why is she taking photos of a building site in the first case!!!

so you wouldnt mind total strangers walking round the back of your property so long as they are only taking photos

I think is sounds completely reasonable for somebody to be interested in what is going on in their community. Developers always seem to be cutting corners not following briefs and regulations. I think more of us should keep our eyes open as to whats going on whereever. If more people did this then we would live in a much nicer place.

It sounds like the OP has something to be worried about which they would rather keep concerned members of the public away from.

Might be worth a visit.....

Why is she taking photos of a building site in the first case!!!

Perhaps the building site was insufficiently protected and she wanted to show how easy it was to get onto it to provide evidence in case any child wandered onto it and got hurt.

If you saw her on the land, why didn't you ask her what she was up to when she was on the private land rather than afterwards?

Perhaps the building site was insufficiently protected and she wanted to show how easy it was to get onto it to provide evidence in case any child wandered onto it and got hurt.

If you saw her on the land, why didn't you ask her what she was up to when she was on the private land rather than afterwards?

I asked her as soon as i saw that she had been on the land, I had just got up and was not totally dressed or believe you me I would have been out there like a shot. You seem to forget that as i stated, she denied being on the land when asked, so why did she lie!!!