Wftc increase from 16 hours to 24 hours

I dont think this change efffects single people though does it its still 16 hrs for them.

Yes. It just seems to be couples.

Yes. It just seems to be couples.

And when they split up they can each claim their housing benefit entitlement, with the man being forced into a HMO.

The men whom own the land and control the state shall force families to split up in order that they may extract all surplus from the system.

This goverernment, just like Thatchers, tries to get groups of people hating each other. Its the old 'divide and rule' ploy. The unemployed hated by the workers, the disabled hated by the unemployed and the pensioner hated by everybody...............Thats how the Torys like it. Now if we all stuck together..........

This goverernment, just like Thatchers, tries to get groups of people hating each other. Its the old 'divide and rule' ploy. The unemployed hated by the workers, the disabled hated by the unemployed and the pensioner hated by everybody.

Were the unemployed hated by the workers in the 1980s? There seemed to be a lot of sympathy for them as I recall.

That was in the era before multi-generational doleite broods of course.

"the disabled hated by the unemployed".

Oh please, if you can't talk sense, just shut up.

This goverernment, just like Thatchers, tries to get groups of people hating each other. Its the old 'divide and rule' ploy. The unemployed hated by the workers, the disabled hated by the unemployed and the pensioner hated by everybody...............Thats how the Torys like it. Now if we all stuck together..........

You're quite right. I've been saying this for ages.

It kills me the way people are manipulated but are just too thick to see it.

Does ANYBODY actually still believe that 'We're all in this together?'

- That has to go down as the biggest piece of bull**** ever, but you still hear sadly uninformed people repeating it like it was gospel. There are only 2 groups of people; the 1% who have all the money and all the power to do whatever they like; and us, the 99%. Only if we stand together do we make a formidable force, and of that they are very well aware, hence their efforts to divide and conquer.

What's the matter with people? They ought to be furious at the way they've been conned.

So the people in couple's will end up worse off, won't see each other as much, or have to pay childcare. It's ridiculous. They have never heard of the saying ''if it ain't broke don't fix it'' have they? I think it's a ridiculous idea how they get bored with the current system and think ''right how can we make people worse off''... as if we aren't already struggling. I am so fed up of this government.

So the people in couple's will end up worse off, won't see each other as much, or have to pay childcare. It's ridiculous. They have never heard of the saying ''if it ain't broke don't fix it'' have they? I think it's a ridiculous idea how they get bored with the current system and think ''right how can we make people worse off''... as if we aren't already struggling. I am so fed up of this government.

I'm sort of reading it as, a single parent has to go to work for 16 hours a week before they can qualify for WFTC, thats 16 hours away from their children, with the children in childcare - But couples only have to do 16 hours between them, which means 12 hours per parent away from the child, per week. Thats just over 2 hours a day (5 day week), which is still very, very easily worked without needing childcare, if they can get alternating shifts.

Just where the government think these extra hours are going to come from is beyond me.

I'm sort of reading it as, a single parent has to go to work for 16 hours a week before they can qualify for WFTC, thats 16 hours away from their children, with the children in childcare - But couples only have to do 16 hours between them, which means 12 hours per parent away from the child, per week. Thats just over 2 hours a day (5 day week), which is still very, very easily worked without needing childcare, if they can get alternating shifts.

Just where the government think these extra hours are going to come from is beyond me.

I do 20 hours a week 5 days over 7. Work every Saturday and sometimes Sundays. I am so confused with all this. Don't know how they are going to get people these extra hours like you said. It's OK for them wiping their bums on £5 notes but not for us minions who are having to work for a pittance. I am earning money and am actually worse off once I have paid bills etc.

I do 20 hours a week 5 days over 7. Work every Saturday and sometimes Sundays. I am so confused with all this. Don't know how they are going to get people these extra hours like you said. It's OK for them wiping their bums on £5 notes but not for us minions who are having to work for a pittance. I am earning money and am actually worse off once I have paid bills etc.

I guess they just expect you to either get a second job out of thin air, or for your employer to magic an extra day of the week for you to work, 8 day weeks might be the way forward :hihi: God only knows how they come up with it...

I guess they just expect you to either get a second job out of thin air, or for your employer to magic an extra day of the week for you to work, 8 day weeks might be the way forward :hihi: God only knows how they come up with it...
When I first started I worked 8 days without a day off, and a couple of weeks back worked 7 days without a day off. Soon I'll be working all week. I wouldn't mind but I don't even have any luxuries to show for me working.

I remember before I started working, was living with my parents until I got myself sorted out again, with my eldest daughter, and I had a work focused interview at JC.

Advisor told me "You certainly don't want to be working full time, you need to get something part time, at 16-20 hours, and no more than that, and a minimum wage job. Since you live with your parents, its not relevant to you, but if you were to move to a house of your own, you would get 90% of your rent paid by housing benefit. As your Mum can provide childcare, it doesn't matter, but you could get childcare paid for too. Then you get your 20 hours at £5 per hour, so you get £100 per week, which is then doubled with tax credits. You won't pay any tax out of your wages at part time, you will be so much better off" :hihi:

I guess this is what they tell everyone, and now anyone who took their advise is basically screwed?

What else is it going to be?

Now you work 24 hours and earn that bit more, you either get a lot less WTC or none at all? I get the feeling this isn't going to be good at all, in any way shape or form.