Car Boot Megathread - 2012 - Please see first post

I have been to Loxley and Wellington street this morning both have been good boot sales though rather small. I think Wellington st has loads of potential with lots of space great parking and lovely hard standing. I hope it keeps going.

Edited by hennypenny
typo

Is the one ner Dronfield on today??

Yes it's quite busy.

I have been to lox let and Wellington street this morning both have been good boot sales though rather small. I think Wellington st has loads of potential with lots of space great parking and lovely hard standing. I hope it keeps going.

Not many stalls at all at Wellington street but as you say it has great potential and will be on every Sunday things need time to blossom.

Just got back from Welllington Street. Ideal for people using people using public transport or taking there own car as has plenty of parking space. Think its really got potential

Just got back from Welllington Street. Ideal for people using people using public transport or taking there own car as has plenty of parking space. Think its really got potential

Hard standing, all year round, I think it will realise it's potential sooner or later.

Is there any car boots on today that finish later than early afternoon? Need something to do for the day!!

Does anyone know if Thorpe Hesley CC car boot is on tomorrow or not? Thanks

Yes it was on today, not sure why there was confusion as to if its on or not as it did say at the previous one the next one was 1st July ! Not as busy as normal though.

Thanks to all who came to Loxley today weather was lovely to start with at least very cold wind though!! If anyone has a small roller to flatten out the tracks left by the cars I could do with knowing who you are (and some who can't drive very well and dug holes with their tyres!!) Please get in touch, thanks.

The Wellington Street one is hard standing, so shouldn't in theory be affected by a bit of rain. Torrential and floods are another thing. Bloomin weather is so annoying this year. Fingers crossed we'll get some improvement in the next few weeks.

Hopefully tomorrow we'll start at Loxley and then pop down to Wellington Street.

Thanks Bobby T

Hard standing, all year round, I think it will realise it's potential sooner or later.

Don't think Wellington Street will ever get going,I and many others wont drive into town centre due to Sheffield Councils anti motoring policy i.e No entries, silly one way systems,and armies of traffic wardens.

Hi. Thinking of doing a car boot at oldcotes next Sunday. I've seen on the front page that it opens at 4.30am. Is it worth getting there at that time? Are people around then?

Don't want to be getting up there for that kind of time only to find that it doesn't get going until much later.

Don't think Wellington Street will ever get going,I and many others wont drive into town centre due to Sheffield Councils anti motoring policy i.e No entries, silly one way systems,and armies of traffic wardens.

There's loads of free parking in town on Sundays.